To watch Shane Smith cook these tasty jam drop cookies, click here.
For the Cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/170C Fan/ Gas 5
- In a mixing bowl, cream the Kerrygold butter and sugar together until it is light and pale in colour
- Scrape down the sides and add the egg yolk and vanilla. Then mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, sieve in the flour, corn flour and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined, leaving a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 24 balls (you can freeze the dough at this point if you wish to make a smaller batch)
- Roll the dough between your hands to smooth out and place these balls on lined baking trays. Allow some distance between each cookie as they will spread during cooking
- Using the back of a teaspoon or a clean thumb, press into the centre of each cookie leaving a large indent. This will hold your jam (Make sure there are no cracks as the jam will leak out)
- Place these into the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up or in the freezer for 10 minutes
- Once rested and cold, spoon some berry jam into the centre of each cookie
- Place these into the pre heated oven and bake for 11 minutes
- Once lightly golden brown, remove from the oven and allow to cool (Please take care at this point as the jam is extremely hot)
For the Icing:
- While the cookies are cooling, whisk together the icing sugar and water to make a thick paste
- Using a fork you can drizzle the icing over the cooled down cookies and serve
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Pan Fried sea bream
To watch Christine Walsh cook the tasty sea bream dish, click...
ROAST BUTTERY BUTTERNUT SQUASH
Preheat your oven to 190c/gas 6. With a large knife, caref...
Rory O’Connell’s Orange Grand Marnier Souffle
Preheat the oven to 190°C and place an upturned oven tray in the ove...
Hazelnut Toffee Buttercrunch
Shane Smith's hazelnut toffee buttercrunch recipe serves 8 - 10....