To watch Shane Smith cook these tasty jam drop cookies, click here.
For the Cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/170C Fan/ Gas 5
- In a mixing bowl, cream the Kerrygold butter and sugar together until it is light and pale in colour
- Scrape down the sides and add the egg yolk and vanilla. Then mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, sieve in the flour, corn flour and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined, leaving a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 24 balls (you can freeze the dough at this point if you wish to make a smaller batch)
- Roll the dough between your hands to smooth out and place these balls on lined baking trays. Allow some distance between each cookie as they will spread during cooking
- Using the back of a teaspoon or a clean thumb, press into the centre of each cookie leaving a large indent. This will hold your jam (Make sure there are no cracks as the jam will leak out)
- Place these into the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up or in the freezer for 10 minutes
- Once rested and cold, spoon some berry jam into the centre of each cookie
- Place these into the pre heated oven and bake for 11 minutes
- Once lightly golden brown, remove from the oven and allow to cool (Please take care at this point as the jam is extremely hot)
For the Icing:
- While the cookies are cooling, whisk together the icing sugar and water to make a thick paste
- Using a fork you can drizzle the icing over the cooled down cookies and serve
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
SPICY CHICKEN WINGS with a buttery SRIRACHA SAUCE
Preheat the oven to 230°C & heat a deep fryer (or air fryer) t...
Mixed Berry Crumble
Ideal for the predictably unpredictable Irish weather, this is a dessert for all...
Salmon Fillets with a garlic, herb and citrus butter
Salmon and lemon were made for each other. Add fresh garlic with some herbs and...
Mini Lemon Curd Cheesecakes
A perfect make-ahead dessert, prepare it in advance and pop it in the fridge....
Cheat Chocolate Fudge
Line a 7 inch tin or Tupperware with cling film. Set aside....