To watch Shane Smith cook these tasty jam drop cookies, click here.
For the Cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/170C Fan/ Gas 5
- In a mixing bowl, cream the Kerrygold butter and sugar together until it is light and pale in colour
- Scrape down the sides and add the egg yolk and vanilla. Then mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, sieve in the flour, corn flour and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined, leaving a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 24 balls (you can freeze the dough at this point if you wish to make a smaller batch)
- Roll the dough between your hands to smooth out and place these balls on lined baking trays. Allow some distance between each cookie as they will spread during cooking
- Using the back of a teaspoon or a clean thumb, press into the centre of each cookie leaving a large indent. This will hold your jam (Make sure there are no cracks as the jam will leak out)
- Place these into the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up or in the freezer for 10 minutes
- Once rested and cold, spoon some berry jam into the centre of each cookie
- Place these into the pre heated oven and bake for 11 minutes
- Once lightly golden brown, remove from the oven and allow to cool (Please take care at this point as the jam is extremely hot)
For the Icing:
- While the cookies are cooling, whisk together the icing sugar and water to make a thick paste
- Using a fork you can drizzle the icing over the cooled down cookies and serve
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Preheat the oven to 220°C. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda in...
Spiced Apple Butter Cake with Butterscotch Sauce
Method: Preheat the oven to 160°C . In a small sa...
Garlic-Butter Fried Chicken
Melt your butter and add it to a shall...
Chocolate and Blueberry Cake
Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins....
This iconic cake is a favourite with all the family. Curious culinary spirits ca...