- 6 tbsp Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 150g dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk (L)
- Half of a vanilla bean, sliced open and scraped
- 100g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 65g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, for about 20 seconds.
- Add the sugar, and beat for another 30 seconds. The mixture will turn a pale colour and be fluffy.
- Next, add the egg yolk and the insides from the vanilla bean, and beat until just combined.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, espresso powder, baking soda and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Sprinkle the flour on top of the butter mixture, and beat just until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough into 12 dough balls, and space them evenly on the baking tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, removing the cookies from the oven when the edges just start to turn golden brown.
- Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 1 minute before moving them to a wire rack to cool.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Roast Tarragon Chicken with Chestnut Mushroom Risotto
Serves 4 people
Bread & Butter Pudding
Bread and butter. Frugal but fancy. Makes you wonder why the best course is last...
Salty Vanilla Bean Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray with greaseproof pape...
Sweet Buttery Scones
Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F In a mixing bowl, mix to...