- For the batter:
- 150g white flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 dsp of castor sugar
- 2 eggs (L)
- 450ml milk
- 3-4 dsp of melted Kerrygold® Unsalted Irish Butter 227g
- For the orange butter:
- 150g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 3 tsp finely grated orange rind
- 175g icing sugar
- Fresh squeezed juice of 5-6 oranges
This recipe by Rory O'Connell serves 6 people.
- Begin by making the pancake batter; sieve the flour, salt, and sugar into a bowl, make a well in the centre and drop in the lightly beaten eggs.
- With a whisk or wooden spoon, mix the egg and gradually bring in the flour.
- Add the liquid slowly and beat until the batter is covered with bubbles.
- Let the batter stand in a cold place for approximately 1 hour. Before you cook the crêpes, stir in 3-4 dessertspoons melted butter. This will make all the difference to the flavour and texture of the crêpes and will make it possible to cook them without greasing the pan each time.
- Next, make the orange butter by creaming the butter with the finely grated orange rind.
- Add the sifted icing sugar to the orange butter and beat until fluffy.
- Heat a pan until quite hot and lightly grease with butter.
- Ladle in some batter, enough to thinly cover the base of the pan, and cook on each side.
- Repeat until you have used all of the batter and set the cooked crêpes aside.
- Melt a blob of the orange butter in the pan, add some freshly squeezed orange juice and toss the cooked crêpes in the foaming butter. Fold in half and then in quarters (fan shapes).
- Serve 2 or 3 per person on warm plates. Spoon the buttery orange juices over the top. Repeat until all the crêpes and butter have been used.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Basic Sticky Buns
In a small saucepan melt 6 tablespoons butter; pour into a 13 X 9-inc...
Kerrygold Carrot Cake
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, thoroughly grease a 28 cm springform pa...
Mini Victoria Sponge Cakes
Preheat the oven to 180C. In a large bowl or the bowl of a...
Loaded Baked Eggs
Savour weekend brunches with this easy to prepare recipe. Method:...
Sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce
A sweet tooth is not a weakness. It’s a gift. Especially when you’re armed w...
Granola and Banana Breakfast Bars
Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray wi...