- For the batter:
- 150g white flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 dsp of castor sugar
- 2 eggs (L)
- 450ml milk
- 3-4 dsp of melted Kerrygold® Unsalted Irish Butter 227g
- For the orange butter:
- 150g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 3 tsp finely grated orange rind
- 175g icing sugar
- Fresh squeezed juice of 5-6 oranges
This recipe by Rory O'Connell serves 6 people.
- Begin by making the pancake batter; sieve the flour, salt, and sugar into a bowl, make a well in the centre and drop in the lightly beaten eggs.
- With a whisk or wooden spoon, mix the egg and gradually bring in the flour.
- Add the liquid slowly and beat until the batter is covered with bubbles.
- Let the batter stand in a cold place for approximately 1 hour. Before you cook the crêpes, stir in 3-4 dessertspoons melted butter. This will make all the difference to the flavour and texture of the crêpes and will make it possible to cook them without greasing the pan each time.
- Next, make the orange butter by creaming the butter with the finely grated orange rind.
- Add the sifted icing sugar to the orange butter and beat until fluffy.
- Heat a pan until quite hot and lightly grease with butter.
- Ladle in some batter, enough to thinly cover the base of the pan, and cook on each side.
- Repeat until you have used all of the batter and set the cooked crêpes aside.
- Melt a blob of the orange butter in the pan, add some freshly squeezed orange juice and toss the cooked crêpes in the foaming butter. Fold in half and then in quarters (fan shapes).
- Serve 2 or 3 per person on warm plates. Spoon the buttery orange juices over the top. Repeat until all the crêpes and butter have been used.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Roast Pork with Apple & Blackberries
Pre-heat the oven to 220oC/425oF/Gas...
Farmette’s Hot Smoked Salmon Tacos
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...
Great shortbread never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit deserv...
Minty Mushey Peas
Mushy peas are traditionally served with fish and chips but their appeal has spr...
This recipe by Shane Smith makes 12. In a mixing bowl, cream...
This Rhubab-Crème is perfect for any event! Preparation:...