- For the Fish:
- 500g fish fillet, e.g. cod
- 125g plain flour
- 50g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 125ml beer
- 2 eggs (M)
- Salt & pepper
- For the cucumber and radish salad:
- 4 mini cucumbers or half a regular cucumber
- 6-8 radishes
- 150g crème fraîche
- 2-3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- For Cooking & Serving:
- 500ml vegetable oil for cooking
- Chips for serving
- Lemon wedges for serving
For the beer batter:
- Put the flour together with the beer, the egg yolks and some salt and pepper in a bowl and stir with the whisk to a smooth batter.
- Melt the butter and let it cool for a few minutes, beat the egg whites until stiff. In the meantime, let the batter swell.
- Now stir the butter into the batter, fold in the egg whites and set aside.
- Now heat the oil in a narrow, high saucepan to approx. 160 ° C.
- Heat your oven to 100c.
- Pat the fish dry and cut into large chunks.
- As soon as the oil is hot enough, dip your fish pieces into the beer batter to coat and taking great care and using a metal slotted spoon or spider add to the hot oil. Only cook 3 to 4 pieces of fish at a time.
- Fry for 6-8 mins, depending on the thickness of the fish, until golden and crisp.
- Remove carefully with slotted spoon or spider, drain on kitchen paper and then add to oven to keep warm.
For the cucumber salad:
- Wash, cut the cucumbers lengthways into fine strips using a peeler. Slice the radishes.
- Put both together in a bowl. Mix the crème fraîche with the vinegar, season with salt and pepper, add to the salad and mix thoroughly.
Serve the fried fish with French fries, cucumber and radish salad and lemon wedges
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Almond Roca Cake
Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease two round cake tins and line with pa...
Irish Oat Flapjacks
What a delectable culinary comfort. Delicious hot or cold, you can whip up these...
Wash potatoes thoroughly. Cook in boiling salted water with cumin for...
Kerrygold Jam Drop Cookies
To watch Shane Smith cook these tasty jam drop cookies, click...
Granola and Banana Breakfast Bars
Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray wi...
BAKED POTATOES WITH HAKE, SPRING ONIONS AND CHEDDAR
Paul Flynn's baked potatoes with hake, spring onions and cheddar serves 4....