- Wash potatoes thoroughly. Cook in boiling salted water with cumin for about 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes, cool and peel. Cover and keep cold overnight.
- Peel and dice the onion and garlic.
- Grate potatoes. Mix with butter. Add onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 C. Form the potato mix into 6 cakes. Fry in a non-stick pan until just golden on each side.
- Put them on a baking sheet, top with bacon and cheese and put them in the oven on a baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Chop the chives and sprinkle over before serving.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
BAKED LEEK, PEA AND CHEDDAR RISOTTO
Paul Flynn's baked leek, pea and cheddar risotto serves 4. Pr...
Kerrygold Jam Drop Cookies
To watch Shane Smith cook these tasty jam drop cookies, click...
Herb & Chilli Butter on BBQ Prawns
Butter is one of the most versatile and widely used ingredients by chefs all ove...
Batter fish with cucumber and Radish salad
For the beer batter: Put the flour together with the beer, th...
Barbequed Middle Eastern Style Lamb Chops with an Irish Summer Salad
Preparation: Ideally, the night before or at least a few hour...