- Beat together the butter and sugar until you get a fluffy & pale consistency
- Next, add in one egg to this mixture at at time, once mixed well you can then add in the vanilla essence
- Mix the polenta, desiccated coconut & ground almonds together and fold this into your wet mixture
- You can then add in the lemon zest & juice
- Next, grease an 8 inch tin & line with parchment paper
- Pour your cake mixture into the tin & bake at 160°C for 30-40 minutes
- After baking, allow the cake to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes
- Once cooled, remove the cake from the tin & serve with lemon curd & fresh cream
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Rory O’Connell’s Ginger, Lemon and Turmeric Cake
Rory O' Connell makes the most delicious ginger, lemon & turmeric cake. T...
Sometimes the simple things hit the spot. Like homemade scones still warm from t...
Rory O’Connell’s Roast Rack of Lamb crusted with Grain Mustard, Chilli and Thyme Leaves
Preheat the oven to 220c. Carefully remove excess fat and...
Preheat the oven to 220°C. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda in...