- Beat together the butter and sugar until you get a fluffy & pale consistency
- Next, add in one egg to this mixture at at time, once mixed well you can then add in the vanilla essence
- Mix the polenta, desiccated coconut & ground almonds together and fold this into your wet mixture
- You can then add in the lemon zest & juice
- Next, grease an 8 inch tin & line with parchment paper
- Pour your cake mixture into the tin & bake at 160°C for 30-40 minutes
- After baking, allow the cake to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes
- Once cooled, remove the cake from the tin & serve with lemon curd & fresh cream
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
On a lightly floured cutting board, roll out one sheet...
Rhubarb & Strawberry Sponge Pudding
Dessert doesn’t need justification but if anyone asks, this recipe has two of...
Peanut butter brownies
Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F Butter and line a 9 x...
Easy Peasy Potato Samosas
To watch Jess Murphy cook this tasty dish, click...
Farmette’s Farmhouse Tres Leches Cake
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...
Minty Mushey Peas
Mushy peas are traditionally served with fish and chips but their appeal has spr...