- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g (2oz) (4 tbsp) Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 4 x 100g (4oz) hake fillets, skin on and boned
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mixed herbs (such as flat-leaf parsley, chives and tarragon)
- ½ lemon, pips removed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- steamed purple or long stemmed broccoli and crushed new potatoes, to serve
- lemon wedges to garnish
Of course this recipe is great with just parsley but experiment with a combination of soft fragrant herbs such as parsley, chives and tarragon or chervil depending on what’s available. Fresh herbs can now be easily purchased at any supermarket in growing pots and will last well on your windowsill if watered regularly.
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based frying pan and add the hake fillets, skin side down. Cook for a minute or two until the skin is just beginning to crisp, then add half the diced butter scattered around each hake fillet and cook for another couple of minutes until the skin is crisp.
- Turn the hake fillets over and cook for another 1-2 minutes until cooked through and tender. The time it takes the fish will depend on the thickness of the fillet. It is important to cook it until just opaque and flaking. To check this, gently prod the thickest part of the fish with the point of a knife and the flakes should separate easily. Transfer to warmed plates while you make the sauce.
- Add the rest of the butter to the frying pan and allow it to melt over a moderate heat. When it turns to a light brown foam, quickly add the herbs and a squeeze of lemon juice, swirling to combine. Season to taste.
- To serve, spoon this sauce over the hake fillets and add steamed broccoli and some crushed new potatoes. Garnish with the lemon wedges.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
BUTTER CHICKEN CURRY
Heat the butter and add the whole spices. Cook for one minute then...
Put the olive oil in a pan with the onions and garlic. Coo...
Kerrygold Carrot Cake
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C, thoroughly grease a 28 cm springform pa...
Cheat Chocolate Fudge
Line a 7 inch tin or Tupperware with cling film. Set aside....
Leftover Chilli Sloppy Joes
In a small bowl mix together the red onion, lemon juice and a pinch o...
White Christmas Cake
Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3. Line the t...