- Make the pancake batter by beating the egg with the granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Melt 2 table spoons of the butter and stir in the milk.
- Sieve the flour over the mixture and mix well. Leave the batter to rest.
- Peel the apples and remove cores with an apple corer. Slice into rings.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on the stove. Melt some butter in the pan and pour in some batter using a ladle to make a small pancake.
- Lay a slice of apple in the batter. When the edges of the pancake have browned, flip the pancake.
- Repeat until all the batter has been used and set the pancakes aside.
- Put the sugar into a saucepan and leave to boil until it becomes a golden caramel - do not stir!
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream.
- Allow to cool a little and then stir in the remainder of the butter.
- Season to taste with sea salt. Set aside.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
The stuff of legends, ciabatta or panettone can’t touch traditional Irish soda...
Apple & Hazelnut Streusel
This winter warmer is scrumptious with custard, clotted cream or crème fraîche...
Irish Oat Flapjacks
What a delectable culinary comfort. Delicious hot or cold, you can whip up these...
Champ and Colcannon
The humble spud. What a versatile vegetable. This recipe is an old friend that s...
Mini Lemon Curd Cheesecakes
A perfect make-ahead dessert, prepare it in advance and pop it in the fridge....
Field mushroom soup with crunchy garlic croutons
Autumn beckons with this earthy wholesome soup. Forage for wild field mushrooms...