Salted caramel has been popping up in recipes a lot lately, but have you ever tried it with apples on pancakes? Give this recipe a go and you’ll be wishing you found it sooner.
- Make the pancake batter by beating the egg with the granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Melt 2 table spoons of the butter and stir in the milk.
- Sieve the flour over the mixture and mix well. Leave the batter to rest.
- Peel the apples and remove cores with an apple corer. Slice into rings.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on the stove. Melt some butter in the pan and pour in some batter using a ladle to make a small pancake.
- Lay a slice of apple in the batter. When the edges of the pancake have browned, flip the pancake.
- Repeat until all the batter has been used and set the pancakes aside.
To make the caramel sauce:
- Put the sugar into a saucepan and leave to boil until it becomes a golden caramel - do not stir!
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream.
- Allow to cool a little and then stir in the remainder of the butter.
- Season to taste with sea salt. Set aside.
Serve pancakes with a drizzle of salted caramel sauce along with fresh berries of your choice.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Pancakes with Salted Caramel Sauce
Salted caramel has been popping up in recipes a lot lately, but have you ever...
Brown Butter Hasselback Potatoes
Calling all brown butter fans! Just say no to plain roasted potatoes. These ...
Pan Fried Hake with Lemon & Herb butter sauce
Of course this recipe is great with just parsley but experiment with a combin...
Rory O’Connell’s Leek Mousse with Mussels and Sauce Bretonne
Rory O'Connell's leek mousse is rich and delicious and should be served in sm...
Christmas Cake in a Mug
Place the butter in a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds until melt...