- Make the pancake batter by beating the egg with the granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Melt 2 table spoons of the butter and stir in the milk.
- Sieve the flour over the mixture and mix well. Leave the batter to rest.
- Peel the apples and remove cores with an apple corer. Slice into rings.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on the stove. Melt some butter in the pan and pour in some batter using a ladle to make a small pancake.
- Lay a slice of apple in the batter. When the edges of the pancake have browned, flip the pancake.
- Repeat until all the batter has been used and set the pancakes aside.
- Put the sugar into a saucepan and leave to boil until it becomes a golden caramel - do not stir!
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream.
- Allow to cool a little and then stir in the remainder of the butter.
- Season to taste with sea salt. Set aside.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Spiced Apple Butter Cake with Butterscotch Sauce
Method: Preheat the oven to 160°C . In a small sa...
White Christmas Cake
Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3. Line the t...
Brown Butter Hasselback Potatoes
Calling all brown butter fans! Just say no to plain roasted potatoes. These ...
This Rhubab-Crème is perfect for any event! Preparation:...