- Make the pancake batter by beating the egg with the granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Melt 2 table spoons of the butter and stir in the milk.
- Sieve the flour over the mixture and mix well. Leave the batter to rest.
- Peel the apples and remove cores with an apple corer. Slice into rings.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on the stove. Melt some butter in the pan and pour in some batter using a ladle to make a small pancake.
- Lay a slice of apple in the batter. When the edges of the pancake have browned, flip the pancake.
- Repeat until all the batter has been used and set the pancakes aside.
- Put the sugar into a saucepan and leave to boil until it becomes a golden caramel - do not stir!
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream.
- Allow to cool a little and then stir in the remainder of the butter.
- Season to taste with sea salt. Set aside.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Sometimes the simple things hit the spot. Like homemade scones still warm from t...
Cheesy Potato Soup
Is there anything quite as Irish as Potato Soup? That’s why we found it fit...
Basic Sticky Buns
In a small saucepan melt 6 tablespoons butter; pour into a 13 X 9-inc...
Kerrygold Cheddar, Bacon, and Green Onion Waffles
There's nothing like a perfectly cooked waffle to start or finish the day off ri...
Roasted Carrots with Herby Butter
A brilliant way to serve carrots on Christmas Day for large numbers as they n...
Vegetable Tart with Balsamic Reduction
Method: To make the pesto Place the basil, olive oil,...