Pancakes with Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 150 ml whole milk
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 1 or 2 apples
- 100 g sugar
- 100 ml cream
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Fresh berries to garnish
Salted caramel has been popping up in recipes a lot lately, but have you ever tried it with apples on pancakes? Give this recipe a go and you’ll be wishing you found it sooner.
- Make the pancake batter by beating the egg with the granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Melt 2 table spoons of the butter and stir in the milk.
- Sieve the flour over the mixture and mix well. Leave the batter to rest.
- Peel the apples and remove cores with an apple corer. Slice into rings.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on the stove. Melt some butter in the pan and pour in some batter using a ladle to make a small pancake.
- Lay a slice of apple in the batter. When the edges of the pancake have browned, flip the pancake.
- Repeat until all the batter has been used and set the pancakes aside.
To make the caramel sauce:
- Put the sugar into a saucepan and leave to boil until it becomes a golden caramel - do not stir!
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream.
- Allow to cool a little and then stir in the remainder of the butter.
- Season to taste with sea salt. Set aside.
Serve pancakes with a drizzle of salted caramel sauce along with fresh berries of your choice.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Christmassy Cookie Butter Truffles
Get creative this festive season with the ideal Christmas gift for loved ones!...
Brown Butter Hasselback Potatoes
Calling all brown butter fans! Just say no to plain roasted potatoes. These ...
Rustic Raspberry Tart with Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter Crust
Chocolate Biscuit Cake Christmas Cracker
Perfect for a delicious edible Christmas gift this Christmas! Place...
Granola and Banana Breakfast Bars
Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray wi...
Put the olive oil in a pan with the onions and garlic. Coo...