- 25g Kerrygold butter
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 25g caster sugar
- 25g self-rising flour, sieved
- ¾ tsp mixed spice
- Brandy butter
- Icing sugar
- Cranberries (optional)
- Place the butter in a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds until melted.
- Add the egg and whisk with a fork.
- Stir in the milk, vanilla, and sugar.
- Add the flour and mixed spice. Mix the batter with a fork until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a mug. Microwave for 1 minute until risen. Take care not to overcook.
- Take a slice off the top of the cake and decorate with some cranberries and a dollop of brandy butter. Pop the lid back on the cake, sieve on some icing sugar and serve immediately.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
The stuff of legends, ciabatta or panettone can’t touch traditional Irish soda...
Basic Sticky Buns
In a small saucepan melt 6 tablespoons butter; pour into a 13 X 9-inc...
This iconic cake is a favourite with all the family. Curious culinary spirits ca...
Baked mackerel with pancetta
Mackerel and pancetta. An unlikely pair but an inspired idea. Pancetta is Italia...