- For the eggs
- 30g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter 454g
- 200g Chestnuts Mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 240g Baby Spinach
- 8 slices Prosciutto, rind removed
- 40g Feta Cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices toast, to serve
- For the lemon butter sauce
- 1 tbsp (20ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 150g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter 454g
- cut into 1 cm cubes
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
Baked eggs with wilted spinach, Chestnuts mushrooms, feta and prosciutto; and a creamy chive butter sauce. Delicious with Sourdough or Vienna roll toast on side.
- Heat the oven to 220 C (fan forced).
- In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter (30 g) till it begins to foam. Add the mushrooms and garlic, and sauté till golden brown. Side aside.
- In the same pan, add the baby spinach and cover for 1-2 minutes, or until wilted.
- Place the spinach and mushrooms into four 2-cup ovenproof dishes of your choice, and crack an egg into each one. Crumble the feta on top of the eggs.
- Place the dishes onto a lined baking tray, and lay out the prosciutto in a single layer next to it.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the egg whites are set and the yolks are still runny.
- While the eggs are in the oven, place the lemon juice, salt and pepper into a small saucepan and bring to a low simmer. Whilst continually whisking, drop the cubes of butter into the lemon juice, making sure that the first cube is incorporated before adding the next.
- Do not allow mixture to boil or the sauce will split. Stir in chives to finish and keep warm.
- Serve cooked eggs with crispy prosciutto, toast, and lemon butter sauce on the side.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
SPICY CHICKEN WINGS with a buttery SRIRACHA SAUCE
Preheat the oven to 230°C & heat a deep fryer (or air fryer) t...
Millionaire Chocolate Squares
Caramel, chocolate and shortbread. The holy trinity of baking. Great shortbread...
Salmon Rillettes with pickled cucumber salad
All dishes deserve love, not just the main course. Salmon Rittetes make a ravish...