- For the eggs
- 30g Kerrygold Irish Creamery Butter (454 g)
- 200g Chestnuts Mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 240g Baby Spinach
- 8 slices Prosciutto, rind removed
- 40g Feta Cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices toast, to serve
- For the lemon butter sauce
- 1 tbsp (20ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 150g Kerrygold Irish Creamery Butter (454 g)
- cut into 1 cm cubes
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
Baked eggs with wilted spinach, Chestnuts mushrooms, feta and prosciutto; and a creamy chive butter sauce. Delicious with Sourdough or Vienna roll toast on side.
- Heat the oven to 220 C (fan forced).
- In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter (30 g) till it begins to foam. Add the mushrooms and garlic, and sauté till golden brown. Side aside.
- In the same pan, add the baby spinach and cover for 1-2 minutes, or until wilted.
- Place the spinach and mushrooms into four 2-cup ovenproof dishes of your choice, and crack an egg into each one. Crumble the feta on top of the eggs.
- Place the dishes onto a lined baking tray, and lay out the prosciutto in a single layer next to it.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the egg whites are set and the yolks are still runny.
- While the eggs are in the oven, place the lemon juice, salt and pepper into a small saucepan and bring to a low simmer. Whilst continually whisking, drop the cubes of butter into the lemon juice, making sure that the first cube is incorporated before adding the next.
- Do not allow mixture to boil or the sauce will split. Stir in chives to finish and keep warm.
- Serve cooked eggs with crispy prosciutto, toast, and lemon butter sauce on the side.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Christmas Cake in a Mug
Place the butter in a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds until melt...
Mini Lemon Curd Cheesecakes
A perfect make-ahead dessert, prepare it in advance and pop it in the fridge....
Roast Pork with Apple & Blackberries
Pre-heat the oven to 220oC/425oF/Gas...
CHOCOLATE PECAN BROWNIE TRIFLE WITH ORANGE BLOSSOM CREAM
Clodagh McKenna Farmhouse Recipe METHOD: Start by m...
Rory O’Connell’s Marshmallow, Raspberry and Rose Cake
Rory O’Connell’s marshmallow, raspberry and rose cake consists of a class...