- For the Lamb:
- 1 leg of lamb (1.8 to 2 kg)
- A 2kg bag of rooster potatoes – washed, peeled and sliced
- 1 small turnip (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 125g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 2 large onions peeled and sliced
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 500mls chicken stock
- 330mls cider
- Salt and pepper
- For the Dressing:
- 1 tbs english mustard
- 1 tbs mint jelly or mint sauce
- 250mls cream
Want to watch Paul Flynn cook this Easy Lamb Roast? click here to watch our Instagram video
This recipe by Paul Flynn is an adaptation of a classic French recipe. The lamb is slowly roasted on top of the potatoes, turnips, onions and garlic. As it cooks, the juices from the lamb seep into the potatoes making them the softest, tastiest and most succulent spuds ever. There's no fuss with this dish. It's all cooked on one tray but the flavour is simply astonishing. There is also a really simple dressing so you don’t have to worry about gravy, if preferred.
For the Lamb:
- Set your oven to 180°C
- Place the potatoes, turnips and onions into a roasting tray with the thyme, salt and pepper
- Turn all together, making sure it’s mostly potatoes on top – flattened to make a base for the lamb. Add the cider and the stock
- Place the lamb on top, drizzle the butter over the lamb and the vegetables.
- Cover tightly with tin-foil and place in the oven to cook for one hour
- Remove the foil, flatten the potatoes gently once more and put back in the oven to crispen and brown for 50 minutes. This will give you lovely pink lamb.
- Remove from the oven – cover with foil again and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
For the dressing:
- Mix all of the ingredients together and serve at room temperature
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
ROAST CHICKEN RIGATONI With BEARNAISE KERRYGOLD BUTTER
Paul Flynn's roast chicken rigatoni serves 4. Place the shall...
Bread & Butter Pudding
Bread and butter. Frugal but fancy. Makes you wonder why the best course is last...
Easy Roast Lamb
Want to watch Paul Flynn cook this Easy Lamb Roast? click...
Granola and Banana Breakfast Bars
Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray wi...
This ultimate sprinkles birthday cake with buttercream frosting is simply a drea...