- 6 strips of bacon
- 3 tbs brown sugar (light brown is best)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 6 bs (melt and let cool) Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter 454g
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 6 strips crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 1/4 cups grated Kerrygold Cheddar
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (light brown is best)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl, pour into center of dry ingredients
- Add butter and buttermilk, and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined; this mixture will be lumpy. If too stiff, add a bit of buttermilk
- Gently fold in bacon, cheese and onions
- Coat waffle iron well with melted butter or cooking spray
- Proceed making waffles, keeping finished waffles warm and crisp in oven on the baking sheet
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
For the crab cakes: Combine all of the crab cake ingredients...
Irish Oat Flapjacks
What a delectable culinary comfort. Delicious hot or cold, you can whip up these...
Cheesy Veggie pizza
For the Pizza dough Mix the yeast and water to...
Crab Tian with brown soda bread & cherry tomatoes
A seafood starter that sets the tone at dinner parties. Find the freshest white...
The stuff of legends, ciabatta or panettone can’t touch traditional Irish soda...