Easy to Create
Pressed Picnic Sandwich
- 6 tbsp Kerrygold® Spreadable 454g
- 4 tbsp fresh basil pesto
- 75g rocket and spinach salad mix
- 100g roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 100g mozzarella, sliced
- 100g roasted yellow peppers, drained and chopped
- 100g sun blush tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 100g prosciutto
- 1 medium sourdough loaf or round cobb loaf
- Begin by combining the Kerrygold Spreadable and pesto in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut the loaf in half horizontally, then remove most of the dough inside to make room for the filling - you can use the doughy inside to make croutons or breadcrumbs.
- Spread the pesto butter inside both pieces of the loaf and then add half of the rocket and spinach mix to the bottom of the loaf. Continue to layer the red peppers, mozzarella, yellow peppers, sun blush tomatoes, prosciutto and, finally, add the other half of the rocket and spinach mix.
- Replace the top of the loaf, press together gently and then wrap tightly in cling film. Chill for 2 - 3 hours or overnight - this recipe is great and will last for 1 - 2 days in the fridge.
- When ready to eat, cut into wedges and enjoy!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Want to watch Jess Murphy cook these cauliflower fritters? click...
Lemon Drizzle Squares
Tried, tested and perfected, this recipe is in the oven in five minutes flat. Ju...
Serves 24 squares
Hazelnut Toffee Buttercrunch
Shane Smith's hazelnut toffee buttercrunch recipe serves 8 - 10....
Garlic and Cheese toasties
Mash the garlic with a little sea salt on a board until it becomes a...
Rory O’Connell’s Ginger, Lemon and Turmeric Cake
Rory O' Connell makes the most delicious ginger, lemon & turmeric cake. T...