- For the crab cakes:
- 200g crab meat
- 2 spring onions (sliced finely)
- 1 inch fresh ginger (peeled & grated)
- 1 lime (zest of full lime & juice of half the lime)
- 2 sprigs coriander (chopped including stalks)
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 40g breadcrumbs
- Coating for cakes (3 separate bowls):
- 60g plain flour
- 60ml milk mixed with one whisked
- 60g breadcrumbs
- For the Hollaindaise:
- 220g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 egg yolks
- Juice of half a lemon
- 40ml of water
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the crab cakes:
- Combine all of the crab cake ingredients into a bowl and mix well
- Shape into patties, around 60g each & firm enough so they don’t fall apart
- Place your 3 bowls side by side. First dip the cakes into the flour and coat well – dust off any excess, then into the breadcrumbs making sure to get a good coating.
- Place the cakes on a plate/tray and put into the fridge for 30mins to set up
- Preheat the oven to 175 Degrees Celsius
- Put frying pan on medium/low heat, add a drop of oil into the pan and place your cakes in – don’t over crowd the pan
- Brown the cakes on both sides and transfer them to an oven tray for 8 minutes
For the hollandaise sauce:
- While the crab cakes are in the oven, add the egg yolks, lemon juice and water into a heat resistant bowl & sit this over simmering water, taking care to not let the hot water touch the bowl.
- Whisk until the mix is pale in colour and doubled
- Put the Kerrygold butter, chili flakes & smoked paprika into a pot, melt & bring to a boil, boil for one minute then remove from the heat to let infuse and to separate from milk solids
- Slowly start to trickle in the clarified/infused butter into the egg mixture, but ensure to whisk quickly. Once it looks shiny, like a mayonnaise, remove the bowl
- Season with salt & pepper
- Remove the crab cakes from the oven and spoon the hollandaise over the cakes
- Serve with poached eggs and a nice salad for a delicious brunch option
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Basic Sticky Buns
In a small saucepan melt 6 tablespoons butter; pour into a 13 X 9-inc...
Coconut Frosted Banana Bread
1. Preheat your oven to 165°c and lightly butter, flour and line a cake tin....
For the crab cakes: Combine all of the crab cake ingredients...
This ultimate sprinkles birthday cake with buttercream frosting is simply a drea...