- For the crab cakes:
- 200g crab meat
- 2 spring onions (sliced finely)
- 1 inch fresh ginger (peeled & grated)
- 1 lime (zest of full lime & juice of half the lime)
- 2 sprigs coriander (chopped including stalks)
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 40g breadcrumbs
- Coating for cakes (3 separate bowls):
- 60g plain flour
- 60ml milk mixed with one whisked
- 60g breadcrumbs
- For the Hollaindaise:
- 220g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter 454g
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 egg yolks
- Juice of half a lemon
- 40ml of water
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the crab cakes:
- Combine all of the crab cake ingredients into a bowl and mix well
- Shape into patties, around 60g each & firm enough so they don’t fall apart
- Place your 3 bowls side by side. First dip the cakes into the flour and coat well – dust off any excess, then into the breadcrumbs making sure to get a good coating.
- Place the cakes on a plate/tray and put into the fridge for 30mins to set up
- Preheat the oven to 175 Degrees Celsius
- Put frying pan on medium/low heat, add a drop of oil into the pan and place your cakes in – don’t over crowd the pan
- Brown the cakes on both sides and transfer them to an oven tray for 8 minutes
For the hollandaise sauce:
- While the crab cakes are in the oven, add the egg yolks, lemon juice and water into a heat resistant bowl & sit this over simmering water, taking care to not let the hot water touch the bowl.
- Whisk until the mix is pale in colour and doubled
- Put the Kerrygold butter, chili flakes & smoked paprika into a pot, melt & bring to a boil, boil for one minute then remove from the heat to let infuse and to separate from milk solids
- Slowly start to trickle in the clarified/infused butter into the egg mixture, but ensure to whisk quickly. Once it looks shiny, like a mayonnaise, remove the bowl
- Season with salt & pepper
- Remove the crab cakes from the oven and spoon the hollandaise over the cakes
- Serve with poached eggs and a nice salad for a delicious brunch option
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Brown Butter Hasselback Potatoes
Calling all brown butter fans! Just say no to plain roasted potatoes. These ...
Great shortbread never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit deserv...
Baked Lemon & Vanilla Cheesecake
If you are looking for your signature dinner party dessert, the search is over....
Easy Peasy Potato Samosas
To watch Jess Murphy cook this tasty dish, click...