- 550g (1 ¼ lb) (3 cups) mixed berries, such as blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackcurrants, and redcurrants (fresh or frozen)
- 4 - 6 tbsp caster sugar
- 175g (6 oz) (1 cup) plain flour
- 100g (4 oz) (8 tbsp), diced and chilled Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 4 tbsp light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp finely chopped almonds
- Lightly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6. Mix the berries together and place in an ovenproof dish. Best to taste the berries first before you give them a generous sprinkling of caster sugar. The frozen variety tend not to be as ripe as fresh berries.
- Now it’s time for the crumble. Place the flour in a bowl and rub the butter in until it looks like fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the brown sugar and almonds. Scatter the crumble over the berries. 25 - 30 minutes in the oven and the topping should be golden brown with berrylicious juice bubbling at the edge.
- Serve straight from the oven to eagerly awaiting mouths. Finish with some lightly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Rory O’Connell’s Orange Grand Marnier Souffle
Preheat the oven to 190°C and place an upturned oven tray in the ove...
Coconut Frosted Banana Bread
1. Preheat your oven to 165°c and lightly butter, flour and line a cake tin....
Cheesy Veggie pizza
For the Pizza dough Mix the yeast and water to...
Minty Mushey Peas
Mushy peas are traditionally served with fish and chips but their appeal has spr...
Sizzling Prawns with chilli & butter
Spice up your life with this irresistible shellfish recipe. Easy to whip up in n...
Rory O’Connell’s Apple, Raisin and Whiskey Flan
Preheat the oven to 200c. Paint the edges and base of a 23...