- Bring the pasta water to a boil. In the meantime, peel and finely dice the onion, peel and chop the garlic.
- Generously salt the pasta water and cook the pasta in it until al dente.
- Meanwhile put the butter in a saucepan and melt it. Fry the prawns briefly on both sides. Then take them out and set it aside.
- Sweat the onion in the butter for 30 seconds, then add the garlic. After a few seconds, deglaze with the white wine and allow the sauce to reduce for a few minutes.
- Pour in the cream and stir in the grated cheddar cheese. Bring the sauce to the boil, then add 2-3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon zest to the sauce.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Add the prawns back in and let them heat through fully. Drain the pasta and add it directly to the sauce.
- Mix everything together, heat through.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and serve immediately.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Rory O’Connell’s Marshmallow, Raspberry and Rose Cake
Rory O’Connell’s marshmallow, raspberry and rose cake consists of a class...
This recipe by Shane Smith makes 8 pancakes. In a mixing bowl...
Great shortbread never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit deserv...
Lemon Polenta cake
Beat together the butter and sugar until you get a fluffy & pale...
French Toast with Peaches and Bacon
Paul Flynn's French Toast recipe requires ripe peaches, crisp streaky bacon,...
Rory O’Connell’s Crepes with Orange Butter
This recipe by Rory O'Connell serves 6 people. Begin by makin...