- Bring the pasta water to a boil. In the meantime, peel and finely dice the onion, peel and chop the garlic.
- Generously salt the pasta water and cook the pasta in it until al dente.
- Meanwhile put the butter in a saucepan and melt it. Fry the prawns briefly on both sides. Then take them out and set it aside.
- Sweat the onion in the butter for 30 seconds, then add the garlic. After a few seconds, deglaze with the white wine and allow the sauce to reduce for a few minutes.
- Pour in the cream and stir in the grated cheddar cheese. Bring the sauce to the boil, then add 2-3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon zest to the sauce.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Add the prawns back in and let them heat through fully. Drain the pasta and add it directly to the sauce.
- Mix everything together, heat through.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and serve immediately.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Spiced Apple Butter Cake with Butterscotch Sauce
Method: Preheat the oven to 160°C . In a small sa...
Baked Lemon & Vanilla Cheesecake
If you are looking for your signature dinner party dessert, the search is over....
Cheesy Potato Soup
Is there anything quite as Irish as Potato Soup? That’s why we found it fit...
Great shortbread never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit des...
Paul Flynn has created the perfect dish for the all fa...