- Bring the pasta water to a boil. In the meantime, peel and finely dice the onion, peel and chop the garlic.
- Generously salt the pasta water and cook the pasta in it until al dente.
- Meanwhile put the butter in a saucepan and melt it. Fry the prawns briefly on both sides. Then take them out and set it aside.
- Sweat the onion in the butter for 30 seconds, then add the garlic. After a few seconds, deglaze with the white wine and allow the sauce to reduce for a few minutes.
- Pour in the cream and stir in the grated cheddar cheese. Bring the sauce to the boil, then add 2-3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon zest to the sauce.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Add the prawns back in and let them heat through fully. Drain the pasta and add it directly to the sauce.
- Mix everything together, heat through.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and serve immediately.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES WITH VANILLA BUTTER ICING
Heat oven to 170C fan and line a cupcake tray with cases. P...
Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl, add the eggs and milk and wh...
Chicken & Ham pie
Preheat the oven to 200C Fan. In a heavy bottomed frying pa...
Rory O’Connell’s Marshmallow, Raspberry and Rose Cake
Rory O’Connell’s marshmallow, raspberry and rose cake consists of a class...