- 50g cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp boiling water
- 100g soft Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 300g caster sugar
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp milk
- 3 eggs
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 50g butter, cubed Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 jar good quality blueberry jam
- 1 packet of fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins.
- In a large bowl mix the cocoa and boiling water to form a paste. Add the butter, sugar, flour, baking powder and milk. Crack the eggs one at a time and add to bowl. Using the electric mixer on slow speed, beat for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Divide the cake mixture between the prepared tins. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until well risen and shrinking away from the sides of the tin. Remove from the tins and leave to cool before decorating.
- To decorate: Melt the chocolate and butter in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the base doesn't touch the water. When melted, stir gently until smooth.
- To create a flat surface for icing, carefully take an even thin slice horizontally from the top of the cakes. Break this into crumbs.
- Put the base of the cake on a cake stand and spread the top with blueberry jam. Add the second cake. Pour the icing over the top, letting it dribble over the edges. Decorate with blueberries and cake crumbs.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
There are two secret ingredients to fab scones. Kerrygold and a splash of love....
Mixed Berry Crumble
Ideal for the predictably unpredictable Irish weather, this is a dessert for all...
Salmon Rillettes with pickled cucumber salad
All dishes deserve love, not just the main course. Salmon Rittetes make a ravish...
Baked aubergine with tomato and cheese
Whoever said vegetables lack substance will eat their words with our baked auber...
GRILLED PEACHES with pistachio brittle & Greek yoghurt
Preheat the grill to high. Line a sturdy baking sheet with parchment...