- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- A thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp Korma paste
- 50g ground almonds
- 2 tbsp raisins
- A pinch of caster sugar
- 1 tin of full fat coconut milk
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- Some melted Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 227g
- 3 sheets of filo pastry
- 50g flaked almonds
Paul Flynn's cauliflower korma, raisin and almond pie serves 4.
- Preheat the oven to 185 c.
- Put the onion, garlic and ginger into a food processor and whizz to a paste.
- Tip the paste into a saucepan with the oil and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the korma paste and cook for a further 2 minutes until aromatic.
- Add the almonds, raisins, sugar, coconut milk and lime.
- Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes, reduce the liquid by one-third and then set aside.
- Boil the cauliflower until soft, drain thoroughly then add to the sauce making sure all the cauliflower is coated.
- Take a medium sized tart tin and brush lightly with melted Kerrygold butter.
- Lay a sheet of filo pastry on a worktop and brush with Kerrygold butter then lay in the tin carefully pressing into the edges.
- Repeat with two more sheets of filo, laying the pastry across each other at angles so it covers the whole tin overlapping the sides.
- Fill the pie with the cauliflower then fold the pastry back over the top, scrunching the edges together so it looks attractive.
- Scatter the almonds over the top of the pie then bake in the oven.
- Once the pie is golden and crunchy, remove from the oven and serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Spinach and feta pie
A hit with all the family, meat-lovers and veggies will polish off this tasty pi...
Mussels and tomato stew
Wash the mussels. Discard any damaged and open mussels....
BAKED POTATOES WITH HAKE, SPRING ONIONS AND CHEDDAR
Paul Flynn's baked potatoes with hake, spring onions and cheddar serves 4....
Loaded Baked Eggs
Savour weekend brunches with this easy to prepare recipe. Method:...
Kerrygold Jam Drop Cookies
To watch Shane Smith cook these tasty jam drop cookies, click...