- 270g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 190g Kerrygold unsalted butter, softened
- 150g granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 large egg
- raspberry or strawberry jam
- 1/2 vanilla pod, seeds scraped from pod, or 1/8 tsp vanilla pod paste or 1 tsp pure vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180°C .
- Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whip the butter and the sugar with a hand-held mixer until fluffy, for about five minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla until just combined. Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Scoop the dough into balls with an ice cream scoop. Place about 5 cm apart on the prepared baking trays.
- Press a thumbprint into the centre of each ball, about 1-cm deep. Fill each indentation with about three-quarters teaspoon of jam.
- Bake cookies until the edges are golden, about 15 minutes.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheets
- Enjoy! Store cookies in a tightly sealed container for up to five days.
Banana Cake with Coconut Frosting
Preheat your oven to 325°F or Gas Mark 3 and lightly butter, flour a...
Herby Butter Basted Pork Chops
1. In a heavy bottomed frying pan, heat the oil over a medium high heat and f...