- 270g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 190g Kerrygold unsalted butter, softened
- 150g granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 large egg
- raspberry or strawberry jam
- 1/2 vanilla pod, seeds scraped from pod, or 1/8 tsp vanilla pod paste or 1 tsp pure vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180°C .
- Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whip the butter and the sugar with a hand-held mixer until fluffy, for about five minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla until just combined. Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Scoop the dough into balls with an ice cream scoop. Place about 5 cm apart on the prepared baking trays.
- Press a thumbprint into the centre of each ball, about 1-cm deep. Fill each indentation with about three-quarters teaspoon of jam.
- Bake cookies until the edges are golden, about 15 minutes.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheets
- Enjoy! Store cookies in a tightly sealed container for up to five days.
Smoked Haddock Corn Chowder
Why not try Clodagh McKenna's fantastic Smoked Haddock Corn Chowder recipe?...
Cornbread Chilli Pie
Heat the oven to 180c. Heat a large, non-stick pan. Crumbl...