- For the Steak:
- 2 x 2 cm thick sirloin steak, 280-300g
- 1 tbsp oil
- For the butter:
- 60g Kerrygold Salted Butter, at room temperature
- 10g dried porcini mushrooms, soaked, drained and chopped
- 2 cloves of black garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, stripped from the stalk
1. Remove the steaks from the fridge and transfer to a plate. Season with salt and oil and allow to come to room
temperature for 20 minutes.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the butter well and wrap tightly in a sausage shape in cling film and
3. Pre-heat a griddle pan over a medium high heat. Once hot, lay in the steaks and cook for 2 minutes each side for a
medium rare cook. For rare, you'll only need a minute and half and if you'd prefer well done, cook for 4-5 minutes each
4. Always allow meat to rest for at least as long as you cooked it for for a juicy and even finish.
5. Plate up with a couple of slices of the porcini butter on top to melt over and serve with your favourite accompaniments.
Chicken & Waffles with Maple and Bacon Butter
1. Slice each chicken breast into four strips on the diagonal to increase sur...
Grilled Peaches with Pistachio Brittle & Greek Yoghurt
Preheat the grill to high. Line a sturdy baking sheet with parchment...
Blondies with white chocolate, macadamia nuts and sea salt
Preheat the oven to 200°C top and bottom heat. Line a baking tin (ab...