- 140g filo pastry sheets
- 50g Kerrygold Unslated Butter, melted Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- Got the Mincemeat:
- 1 cooking apple, cored and finely grated
- 400g mixed dried fruit
- Zest and juice of half an orange
- 50g shredded suet (beef or vegetarian)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp brandy
1. Preheat the oven at 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6.
2. Start by making the mincemeat filling. Add all the ingredients to a sauce pan and gently heat for 10-15 minutes stirring frequently until sticky. Set aside.
3. Lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tin with the butter. Cut the filo sheets into quarters to make small squares.
4. Put one square into each of the holes, brush with butter and add a second sheet at an angle. Fill each pie with a heaped tablespoon of the mincemeat mixture.
5. Shred any left over pastry into strips and roughly top each pie with a birds nest of filo, brushing the exposed pastry with melted butter. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
6. Allow to completely cool and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Kerrygold Easy Peasy Fishcakes
Firstly, put your potatoes on to boil and then pop another saucepan o...
1. Place a large pan of water on to boil while you start your filling....
Chargrilled Chicken Skewers with Avocado, Coriander and Lime Butter
1. In a large bowl, add the chicken, spices, oil, lime juice and season gener...
Roast Spring Chicken with Buttered Leeks and a Herb Dressing