- 140g filo pastry sheets
- 50g Kerrygold Unslated Butter, melted Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- Got the Mincemeat:
- 1 cooking apple, cored and finely grated
- 400g mixed dried fruit
- Zest and juice of half an orange
- 50g shredded suet (beef or vegetarian)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp brandy
1. Preheat the oven at 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6.
2. Start by making the mincemeat filling. Add all the ingredients to a sauce pan and gently heat for 10-15 minutes stirring frequently until sticky. Set aside.
3. Lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tin with the butter. Cut the filo sheets into quarters to make small squares.
4. Put one square into each of the holes, brush with butter and add a second sheet at an angle. Fill each pie with a heaped tablespoon of the mincemeat mixture.
5. Shred any left over pastry into strips and roughly top each pie with a birds nest of filo, brushing the exposed pastry with melted butter. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
6. Allow to completely cool and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Herby Butter Basted Pork Chops
1. In a heavy bottomed frying pan, heat the oil over a medium high heat and f...
Tarragon and Goats Cheese Chicken Kievs
Chop the goats cheese roughl...