- For the Chocolate Pot:
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into small chunks
- 50g Kerrygold Unsalted Butter cubed
- 4 eggs, separated
- 80g caster sugar
- For the Cherry Compote:
- 200g cherries, stoned
- 75g granulated sugar
- 25ml brandy
- For the Cream:
- 100ml double cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Starting with the compote, add the cherries to a wide saucepan with two tbsp of water and bring to a boil. When the fruit
starts to soften, add the brandy and the sugar.
2. Bring it back to a boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes until thickened. Spoon into a clean jar and set aside to cool.
3. In a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter together with a tablespoon of water.
Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
4. Using a stand mixer or electric hand whisk, beat the egg yolks with 60g of the caster sugar until pale and creamy in
colour (about 3 minutes). Fold into the warm chocolate mixture.
5. In another mixing bowl, beat the egg whites together with the remaining 20g of sugar until soft peaks are formed. Fold
into the chocolate mixture, spoon equally into serving glasses and chill for a minimum of 2-3 hours.
6. Whip the cream together with the icing sugar and vanilla until thick, being careful not to over whip. Top each of the
chocolate pots with a spoon of cream and a spoon of the cherry compote.
Banana Cake with Coconut Frosting
Preheat your oven to 325°F or Gas Mark 3 and lightly butter, flour a...
Roast Spring Chicken with Buttered Leeks and a Herb Dressing
Baked Scallops with a Black Garlic, Bacon Crumb and Parsley Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. 2. Start by the making the compound butte...