- 175g Strong white flour
- 175g Plain flour
- 2 x 7g sachets instant yeast
- 1tsp castor sugar
- 350ml warm milk
- 150-200ml warm water
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- Add the flours into a mixing bowl along with the yeast and mix through.
- Dissolve the sugar in the warm milk and pour onto the flour.
- Using a wooden spoon, beat until you have a smooth batter.
- Cover and let stand for 20-25 minutes (or up to one hour).
- Mix the bicarbonate of soda and salt with the warm water and beat it into the batter. Add about ¾ of the water and keep adding it until you get a double cream consistency. Cover and rest for 20 minutes.
- Grease a griddle/heavy-based pan and heat over a medium-low heat. Drop two dessert spoons of the batter into greased crumpet rings. Reduce the heat to low, covering the pan and leaving to cook.
- After 4-5 minutes bubbles should appear and the surface should be set. Carefully turn the crumpets in their rings and cook for a further three minutes.
- Serve immediately or leave to cool and then toast before eating with plenty of Kerrygold Butter!
Tarragon and Goats Cheese Chicken Kievs
Chop the goats cheese roughl...
Grilled Peaches with Pistachio Brittle & Greek Yoghurt
Preheat the grill to high. Line a sturdy baking sheet with parchment...