- 450g Self Raising Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder, level
- 80g Kerrygold Salted Butter, room temperature, cubed
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 75ml Semi Skimmed Milk
1. Preheat the oven to 210C/190 C Fan/Gas Mark 6. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Add the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and rub through the butter until fine breadcrumb like consistency.
3. Whisk together the eggs with the milk before adding to the breadcrumb mix (save a little back for glazing) to form a soft dough,
slightly sticky is okay at this stage.
4. Knead on a floured surface before rolling out to a 2cm thickness. Use either a straight or fluted round cutter to form the scones.
Glaze with egg wash before baking on the middle shelf for 12-14 minutes until golden and risen.
5. Allow to cool for 10-15 Minutes on a wire rack before eating. Serve with your favourite jam and clotted cream.
Sirloin Steaks with a Porcini, Black Garlic and Thyme Butter
1. Remove the steaks from the fridge and transfer to a plate. Season with sal...
Hot Cookie Sharing Dessert
Pre heat the oven to 180c Grease an ovenproof dish with Ke...
Spaghetti with Kale Pesto
1. Bring two saucepans of water up to a boil with a pinch of sea salt...
Grilled Lamb Steaks with Rosemary and Garlic Butter and Charred Asparagus
Heat a frying pan and add the rapeseed oil, also heat a griddle pan r...