- 6 tbsp at room temperature Kerrygold Unsalted Butter
- 32g dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk (white reserved for another use)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 64g + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 baking powder
- 43g caramel bits
- flaky sea salt, for topping cookies
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and line a large baking sheet with a silicone mat. (Silicone mats help cookies cook evenly and slows the spreading a bit. If you don't have one, line your pan with two layers of parchment paper, and shorten the baking time by 1 minute).
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter using an electric mixer on high for about 20 seconds. Add the sugars and continue beating.
- Next, ad the egg yolk and vanilla, and beat until well-combined.
- Sprinkle the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and caramel bits over the dough, and fold to combine everything.
- Scoop out 12 dough balls onto the cookie sheet (leave them in little mounds, do not flatten), and bake for 10-12 minutes. Don't be afraid of a little colour on the cookies. The edges should be noticeably brown before removing them from the oven, and the tops may appear puffy and pale. The cookies will flatten and crackle as they cool (delicious!)
- Enjoy WARM right out of the oven. If you have leftover cookies, heat them for 7 seconds in the microwave to soften the caramel before eating.
Tarragon and Goats Cheese Chicken Kievs
Chop the goats cheese roughl...
Cheddar, Sriracha Bacon Jam and Fried Egg Open Sandwiches
For the Bacon Jam:...
Cornbread Chilli Pie
Heat the oven to 180c. Heat a large, non-stick pan. Crumbl...
Festive Mince Pie Brownies
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚c and line a 20cm baking tin. 2. In a bowl...
Grilled Peaches with Pistachio Brittle & Greek Yoghurt
Preheat the grill to high. Line a sturdy baking sheet with parchment...