- 1 whole chicken
- 3 tbsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 dessert spoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3.5oz softened Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the Mushroom Risotto
- 3.5 oz Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 2 shallots, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10.5 oz risotto rice
- 9 oz chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 3.5 fl oz dry white wine
- 24 fl oz hot chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of mascarpone
- 3 oz Parmesan
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C or Gas Mark 6.
- Start by prepping the chicken: In a bowl mix together the butter, garlic, tarragon, mustard and season with salt and pepper. Using clean hands, smear this mixture over the entire chicken and underneath the skin. Place the chicken on to a roasting tray and into the preheated over for 1.5 hrs.
- Place a large saucepan over a medium heat and add 1.5 oz of butter, shallots and garlic, cover and lower the heat to allow the shallots to soften (but not brown), this will take about 2 minutes.
- Then stir in the rice and coat it with the butter and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add the wine and stir and until absorbed.
- Slowly pour in the hot broth, ladle by ladle until all the broth is absorbed stirring all the time. It should take between 15 to 20 minutes for the rice to cook. But taste as you go.
- While the rice is cooking, place a frying pan over a high heat and add the remaining butter and the sliced chestnut mushrooms. Cook for three minutes.
- About five minutes before the rice is cooked stir in the mushrooms and fresh thyme followed by the Mascarpone and Parmesan. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Once the chicken is cooked, place on a large serving platter and spoon the risotto all around it. Garnish with fresh thyme.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
This iconic cake is a favourite with all the family. Curious culinary spirits ca...
Bread & Butter Pudding
Bread and butter. Frugal but fancy. Makes you wonder why the best course is last...
Braised Red Cabbage
Tantalize your tastebuds with this stunning side dish. It looks divine and it ta...
Farmette’s Fine Fettle Flapjacks
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...
Smoked Bacon and Pecan Brussel Sprouts with Shallot Butter
This is a great way to ensure that your brussel sprouts end up perfectly cook...
This recipe makes perfectly crisp gingerbread house that will have everyone g...