- 80g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 227g
- 1 onion, peeled and finely diced
- A sprig of thyme
- 200g Arborio rice
- 1 ltr Chicken stock
- Some leftover roast chicken, approx 150g finely chopped
- 6 ready to eat prunes chopped
- 100g Parmesan, grated
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbs flour
- 2 eggs beaten with a little milk
- 150g Panko breadcrumbs
- Sunflower oil for frying
- For the lemon Aioli:
- 200mls Mayonnaise
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely grated
- Zest of half a lemon
- Melt the butter and add the onion and thyme.
- Cover and cook very gently with no colour for ten minutes or so till the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the rice and coat with the buttery onions then add half the stock and bring to a gentle simmer.
- When the rice has nearly absorbed all the stock add half the stock again and continue to stir. You may need all the remaining stock or just a little of it. The rice needs to be soft and evenly cooked.
- Add the chicken, prunes and Parmesan.
- Season then remove the rice from the pot and put on a tray to cool.
- Roll the rice into even 3cm balls. Roll the rice balls in batches through the flour, shaking off any excess then dip into the egg and finally the breadcrumbs making sure they are evenly coated.
- Then put in the fridge to set for an hour or so.(This can all be done the day before)
- To make the lemon aioli just mix all the ingredients together.
- To serve , carefully deep fry the Arancini in batches in hot oil, then serve with the Aioli.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Pressed Picnic Sandwich
Begin by combining the Kerrygold Spreadable and pesto in a small b...
Kerrygold Fish Pie
Preheat the oven to 200c and grate the raw potatoes with the larger p...
Rory O’Connell’s Roast Rack of Lamb crusted with Grain Mustard, Chilli and Thyme Leaves
Preheat the oven to 220c. Carefully remove excess fat and...
Spinach and feta pie
A hit with all the family, meat-lovers and veggies will polish off this tasty pi...
BUTTER CHICKEN CURRY
Heat the butter and add the whole spices. Cook for one minute then...