- For the maple butter, whip 50ml of the maple syrup and butter together. Leave in the fridge until ready.
- In a large bowl, add in the flour, baking powder and sugar and whisk together to incorporate.
- In a jug, whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Pour this gradually into the flour mix, whisking continuously; you should have a lovely thick batter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with a good splash of oil. Once the oil is hot, keep at a medium temperature and using a tablespoon, spoon in 3 lots of mixture. You won’t fit any more in, as they will spread a little and rise.
- Cook on one side for a minute, bubbles will start to form on the raw side. Flip over, cook for another minute, then flip again. They should be golden and firm(ish) to touch.
- Serve onto a plate, top with the maple butter and pour over extra if desired!
- Enjoy immediately!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Roast Tarragon Chicken with Chestnut Mushroom Risotto
Baked aubergine with tomato and cheese
Whoever said vegetables lack substance will eat their words with our baked auber...
Christmas Cake in a Mug
Place the butter in a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds until melt...
Kerrygold Christmas Fudge
Give your guests a real treat at Christmas or wrap some up and give as a thou...
Hassle back potatoes
Preheat the oven to 200 Degrees Celsius. Take each potato...
Begin by making the shortcrust pastry. Place the flour, icing sugar,...