This recipe makes 16 of Shane Smith's gold dusted florentine biscuits:
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- Next, chop up all the dried fruit and nuts and place in a bowl & set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add the Kerrygold butter, golden syrup, brown sugar and stir over a gentle heat until melted and combined.
- To this, you can then add in the flour & beat with a wooden spoon to remove any lumps.
- Once combined, spoon this mixture into the bowl of chopped fruit & nuts, and mix.
- Divide the mix into 16 balls and place 8 per tray.
- Pop the trays into a preheated oven, bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once baked, remove the trays and allow the cookies to cool, when chilled, remove and place on a wire rack.
- To decorate, turn the florentine upside down and on the smooth side spread on some melted dark chocolate.
- Once all the biscuits are decorated with chocolate, use a fork to pull through the chocolate to create a wavy design.
- You can decorate the florentines by spraying on some edible gold & adding some sprinkles.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Loaded Baked Eggs
Savour weekend brunches with this easy to prepare recipe. Method:...
In a large heavy bottomed frying pan melt the butter and fry off the...
Salmon Rillettes with pickled cucumber salad
All dishes deserve love, not just the main course. Salmon Rittetes make a ravish...
Crab Tian with brown soda bread & cherry tomatoes
A seafood starter that sets the tone at dinner parties. Find the freshest white...
Roast Tarragon Chicken with Chestnut Mushroom Risotto