For the sponge:
- 330g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 330g caster sugar
- 6 large free range eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 330g plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g rainbow sprinkles
For the buttercream:
- 300g softened Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 500g icing sugar, sifted
Watch how it's done:
- Preheat the oven to 180°c/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line three 20cm spring form tins.
- In a standalone mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Then beat in the eggs one by one before adding the vanilla extract. Using a spatula, fold in the flour and half the sprinkles until you have a smooth mixture.
- Divide the mixture into the three spring form tins, flatten the top with a spatula if needed. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until they are golden. When the bases are cooked, wait a few minutes before you take them out of the tins to cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the bases are cooling prepare the buttercream filling by beating the butter and vanilla extract together in a bowl until light and fluffy then add the icing sugar, a little at a time, until it is all incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
- To assemble the cake, place one base on a cake stand and top with some frosting. Repeat with all the layers and then spread the remaining frosting all over the cake. Decorate with sprinkles and serve!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Vegetable Tart with Balsamic Reduction
Method: To make the pesto Place the basil, olive oil,...
There’s no doubt that making an authentic Bolognese sauce can take a bit...
BUTTER CHICKEN MASALA
Much of the unique flavour of this curry depends on using the best quality butte...
Rhubarb & Strawberry Sponge Pudding
Dessert doesn’t need justification but if anyone asks, this recipe has two of...