- For the Orange Butter:
- 100g Kerrygold® Irish Creamery Butter 454g
- 30g Sieved Icing Sugar
- Zest of one Orange
- For the French Toast:
- 2 Thick slices of Brioche Bread (per 1 person)
- 1 egg
- 50ml Whole Milk
- 1 Teaspoon sieved Icing Sugar
- To Serve:
- Icing Sugar
- Orange Butter
- Fruit of your choice (such as berries, sliced banana or tropical fruit)
- Whisk the egg, icing sugar and whole milk together thoroughly and pour into a shallow bowl that will fit your slice of brioche.
- Dip the brioche into the egg and milk mixture, turning to ensure the slice is thoroughly coated and the mixture is soaking into the bread.
- Meanwhile heat a non-stick pan over a low-medium heat and add a knob of Kerrygold butter, once this has melted and begun to foam but not brown, add the slice of brioche and cook gently for 1-2minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm whilst you repeat for the second slice or cook both at the same time if your pan is large enough.
- Slice the brioche diagonally and serve with a coin sized piece of orange butter to melt onto the hot slices.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with your choice of fruit.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Irish Oat Flapjacks
What a delectable culinary comfort. Delicious hot or cold, you can whip up these...
Baked aubergine with tomato and cheese
Whoever said vegetables lack substance will eat their words with our baked auber...
CHOCOLATE PECAN BROWNIE TRIFLE WITH ORANGE BLOSSOM CREAM
Clodagh McKenna Farmhouse Recipe METHOD: Start by m...
The sublime supper favourite, homemade apple tart evokes childhood memories of g...