- First, preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Line a large baking sheet with non-stick foil, and spray it with cooking spray.
- Wash and dry the potatoes, and using a mandolin or a sharp knife, cut them into very thin slices (about 1/4” each).
- Place the potato slices in a bowl, and toss with the olive oil and melted butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the potato slices not touching on the sheet pan, and roast for 10 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes, and roast for another 10 minutes, or until golden brown and starting to turn crispy. (An additional 5-8 minutes may be necessary if you don’t have a super hot gas oven).
- Remove the potatoes from the sheet pan, and let them cool on a wire rack (this helps them crisp up).
- Meanwhile, wrap the bacon in a few layers of paper towels, place on a plate, and microwave for 1 minute.
- Flip the bacon and microwave another 30 seconds, or until almost crispy (it will crisp as it cools). Crumble the bacon and set aside.
- To assemble: layer the potato slices on one large plate (if sharing) or two smaller plates.
- Top with grated cheese and bacon.
- Microwave for just a few seconds to start melting the cheese.
- Top with yogurt and scallions (if using), and then serve immediately.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Pressed Picnic Sandwich
Begin by combining the Kerrygold Spreadable and pesto in a small b...
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...
Rory O’Connell’s Pistachio Cake with Raspberries, Lemon Basil and Rosewater Cream
This cake by Rory O'Connell has a lovely combination of flavours and has the...
The Tasty Toasty
Preheat the oven to 180 C fan. Begin by buttering both sid...
Garlic-Butter Fried Chicken
Melt your butter and add it to a shall...
GRILLED PEACHES with pistachio brittle & Greek yoghurt
Preheat the grill to high. Line a sturdy baking sheet with parchment...