- First, preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Line a large baking sheet with non-stick foil, and spray it with cooking spray.
- Wash and dry the potatoes, and using a mandolin or a sharp knife, cut them into very thin slices (about 1/4” each).
- Place the potato slices in a bowl, and toss with the olive oil and melted butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the potato slices not touching on the sheet pan, and roast for 10 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes, and roast for another 10 minutes, or until golden brown and starting to turn crispy. (An additional 5-8 minutes may be necessary if you don’t have a super hot gas oven).
- Remove the potatoes from the sheet pan, and let them cool on a wire rack (this helps them crisp up).
- Meanwhile, wrap the bacon in a few layers of paper towels, place on a plate, and microwave for 1 minute.
- Flip the bacon and microwave another 30 seconds, or until almost crispy (it will crisp as it cools). Crumble the bacon and set aside.
- To assemble: layer the potato slices on one large plate (if sharing) or two smaller plates.
- Top with grated cheese and bacon.
- Microwave for just a few seconds to start melting the cheese.
- Top with yogurt and scallions (if using), and then serve immediately.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
This Rhubab-Crème is perfect for any event! Preparation:...
Buttered Orange and Thyme Carrots
In a large non stick frying pan add the carrots as a single layer and...
Chocolate Hazelnut Eclairs
Chocolate eclairs, an all-time classic with a twist - roasted hazelnuts add a lo...
THE ULTIMATE SEAFOOD ROLL
Bring a medium pot of water to a simmer, add salt and drop the salmon...
Rory O’Connell’s Marshmallow, Raspberry and Rose Cake
Rory O’Connell’s marshmallow, raspberry and rose cake consists of a class...
This ultimate sprinkles birthday cake with buttercream frosting is simply a drea...