- First, preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Line a large baking sheet with non-stick foil, and spray it with cooking spray.
- Wash and dry the potatoes, and using a mandolin or a sharp knife, cut them into very thin slices (about 1/4” each).
- Place the potato slices in a bowl, and toss with the olive oil and melted butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the potato slices not touching on the sheet pan, and roast for 10 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes, and roast for another 10 minutes, or until golden brown and starting to turn crispy. (An additional 5-8 minutes may be necessary if you don’t have a super hot gas oven).
- Remove the potatoes from the sheet pan, and let them cool on a wire rack (this helps them crisp up).
- Meanwhile, wrap the bacon in a few layers of paper towels, place on a plate, and microwave for 1 minute.
- Flip the bacon and microwave another 30 seconds, or until almost crispy (it will crisp as it cools). Crumble the bacon and set aside.
- To assemble: layer the potato slices on one large plate (if sharing) or two smaller plates.
- Top with grated cheese and bacon.
- Microwave for just a few seconds to start melting the cheese.
- Top with yogurt and scallions (if using), and then serve immediately.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Pan Fried Hake with Lemon & Herb butter sauce
Of course this recipe is great with just parsley but experiment with a combin...
Roasted Carrots with Herby Butter
A brilliant way to serve carrots on Christmas Day for large numbers as they n...
Mac & Cheese
Easy to make, classic comfort food. For those hungry for more, flavoured version...
Loaded Baked Eggs
Savour weekend brunches with this easy to prepare recipe. Method:...
Chocolate Biscuit Cake Christmas Cracker
Perfect for a delicious edible Christmas gift this Christmas! Place...
Chocolate Hazelnut Eclairs
Chocolate eclairs, an all-time classic with a twist - roasted hazelnuts add a lo...