- 4 tbsp soft Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 150g dark brown sugar
- 225ml cream
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- ½ tsp salt
- 375ml milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g crème fraiche
For the salted caramel sauce:
- 100g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 150g soft dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 150ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
Watch how it's done:
- Melt the butter in a medium heavy-based saucepan. Add the brown sugar and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Add the cream and bring to a simmer, stirring until you have a nice thick butterscotch sauce.
- Meanwhile, place the cornflour in a bowl with the salt and whisk with a few tablespoons of milk until smooth, then mix in the rest of the milk. Whisk in the egg yolks with the vanilla extract. Then gradually add the hot butterscotch sauce, whisking constantly.
- Wipe out the saucepan. Strain the mixture back through a fine-mesh sieve back into the saucepan and cook over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring regularly, until the butterscotch custard starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat. Pour into pretty glasses or ramekins and chill for at least an hour (or up to 3 days).
- To make the caramel sauce, place the butter, sugar, and golden syrup into a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Add the cream, vanilla and salt and whisk together; simmer for 3 minutes until the sauce is thick and sticky. Use right away or transfer to a jar and refrigerate when cool to use as needed. The sauce will keep for up to 7 days refrigerated.
- To serve, drizzle the puddings with caramel sauce and top with a dollop of crème fraiche and a final drizzle of sauce.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
This ultimate sprinkles birthday cake with buttercream frosting is simply a drea...
There are two secret ingredients to fab scones. Kerrygold and a splash of love....
This recipe makes perfectly crisp gingerbread house that will have everyone g...
Farmette’s Fine Fettle Flapjacks
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (...
Smoked Bacon and Pecan Brussel Sprouts with Shallot Butter
This is a great way to ensure that your brussel sprouts end up perfectly cook...
Christmas Cake in a Mug
Place the butter in a bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds until mel...