- 4 tbsp soft Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter 454g
- 150g dark brown sugar
- 225ml cream
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- ½ tsp salt
- 375ml milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g crème fraiche
For the salted caramel sauce:
- 100g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter 454g
- 150g soft dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 150ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
Watch how it's done:
- Melt the butter in a medium heavy-based saucepan. Add the brown sugar and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Add the cream and bring to a simmer, stirring until you have a nice thick butterscotch sauce.
- Meanwhile, place the cornflour in a bowl with the salt and whisk with a few tablespoons of milk until smooth, then mix in the rest of the milk. Whisk in the egg yolks with the vanilla extract. Then gradually add the hot butterscotch sauce, whisking constantly.
- Wipe out the saucepan. Strain the mixture back through a fine-mesh sieve back into the saucepan and cook over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring regularly, until the butterscotch custard starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat. Pour into pretty glasses or ramekins and chill for at least an hour (or up to 3 days).
- To make the caramel sauce, place the butter, sugar, and golden syrup into a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Add the cream, vanilla and salt and whisk together; simmer for 3 minutes until the sauce is thick and sticky. Use right away or transfer to a jar and refrigerate when cool to use as needed. The sauce will keep for up to 7 days refrigerated.
- To serve, drizzle the puddings with caramel sauce and top with a dollop of crème fraiche and a final drizzle of sauce.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Butterscotch Pudding with Salted Caramel
If you’re crazy about salted caramel, you will love this indulgent dessert rec...
Pan Fried sea bream
To watch Christine Walsh cook the tasty sea bream dish, click...
Victoria Sponge cake
Preheat the oven to 180°C Cream the butter and sugar toge...
Basic Sticky Buns
In a small saucepan melt 6 tablespoons butter; pour into a 13 X 9-inc...
Great shortbread never goes unnoticed. The quintessential buttery biscuit deserv...
Loaded Baked Eggs with Lemon Butter Sauce
Baked eggs with wi...