- 200g pasta shells (I use conchiglie but you can also use penne or macaroni)
- olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed
- 12 basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1 lemon, zest
- 60g melted Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 100g whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- 85g Kerrygold Dubliner Cheddar, finely grated
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 220°C / gas mark 4.
- Place a saucepan of water over a high heat and bring to the boil, season with sea salt. When the water is boiling, reduce to simmer and stir in the pasta shells. After 5 minutes, when the pasta is still al dente, remove from the heat and drain the pasta.
- Place a skillet or frying pan over a medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil, follow by adding the garlic and onions and cook for 3 minutes. Then add the eggplant and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, capers and pasta and mix until all the ingredients have combined in the pan.
- Mix together the finely grated cheddar, chopped almonds, melted butter and breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the top of the pasta until it’s completely covered.
- Put the pasta into the oven for about 15 minutes or until the top is bubbling and crispy.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Kerrygold Cheddar, Bacon, and Green Onion Waffles
There's nothing like a perfectly cooked waffle to start or finish the day off ri...
The sublime supper favourite, homemade apple tart evokes childhood memories of g...
Bread & Butter Pudding
Bread and butter. Frugal but fancy. Makes you wonder why the best course is last...
Kabsa is an ancient rice dish that is traditionally served mostly in the Middle...
Irish Cheddar and Stout Fondue
Place cheese and cornstarch in a bowl and toss to coat evenly. Set a...
Salmon Rillettes with pickled cucumber salad
All dishes deserve love, not just the main course. Salmon Rittetes make a ravish...