- 200g pasta shells (I use conchiglie but you can also use penne or macaroni)
- olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed
- 12 basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1 lemon, zest
- 60g melted Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 100g whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- 85g Kerrygold Dubliner Cheddar, finely grated
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 220°C / gas mark 4.
- Place a saucepan of water over a high heat and bring to the boil, season with sea salt. When the water is boiling, reduce to simmer and stir in the pasta shells. After 5 minutes, when the pasta is still al dente, remove from the heat and drain the pasta.
- Place a skillet or frying pan over a medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil, follow by adding the garlic and onions and cook for 3 minutes. Then add the eggplant and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, capers and pasta and mix until all the ingredients have combined in the pan.
- Mix together the finely grated cheddar, chopped almonds, melted butter and breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the top of the pasta until it’s completely covered.
- Put the pasta into the oven for about 15 minutes or until the top is bubbling and crispy.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Mac & Cheese
Easy to make, classic comfort food. For those hungry for more, flavoured version...
Honey Peach Pie
To prepare the crust: Combine the flour, sugar, and s...
Shepherd’s Pie with Cheesy Mash
Here's our take on this classic dinner dish, perfect for chilly evenings spent w...
Butterscotch Pudding with Salted Caramel
If you’re crazy about salted caramel, you will love this indulgent dessert rec...
Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based frying pan and add the hak...
LEEKS WRAPPED IN PARMA HAM
This is a great way of making a delicious sauce without having to go to the trou...