- 200g pasta shells (I use conchiglie but you can also use penne or macaroni)
- olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed
- 12 basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1 lemon, zest
- 60g melted Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 100g whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- 85g Kerrygold Dubliner Cheddar, finely grated
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 220°C / gas mark 4.
- Place a saucepan of water over a high heat and bring to the boil, season with sea salt. When the water is boiling, reduce to simmer and stir in the pasta shells. After 5 minutes, when the pasta is still al dente, remove from the heat and drain the pasta.
- Place a skillet or frying pan over a medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil, follow by adding the garlic and onions and cook for 3 minutes. Then add the eggplant and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, capers and pasta and mix until all the ingredients have combined in the pan.
- Mix together the finely grated cheddar, chopped almonds, melted butter and breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the top of the pasta until it’s completely covered.
- Put the pasta into the oven for about 15 minutes or until the top is bubbling and crispy.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Baked mackerel with pancetta
Mackerel and pancetta. An unlikely pair but an inspired idea. Pancetta is Italia...
Hearty Irish Stew
Preheat the oven to 180°C or Gas Mark 4. Place the flour in a shallow dish...
Rosemary & Maple Syrup Butter
To make the butter, chop the rosemary leaves very finely and add to a smal...
Irish Stove-Top Potatoes with Cheese
This is a variation on the traditional way of cooking potatoes in a cast-iron fr...