For the Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 50g Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper
For the Dressing
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 piece of ginger, about 1-2cm
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 5-6 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Herbs or spring onions, cut into strips
- 1 pomegranate
- Oriental salsa
2. Prick the sweet potatoes deeply with a fork a few times, then place them in a baking dish and bake on the middle rack for 45-60 minutes until the potatoes are completely cooked. Take out of the oven, cover with aluminum foil and keep warm.
3. In the meantime, drain the chickpeas, rinse with water and pay dry with kitchen paper and remove the skins as best possible. The drier the chickpeas, the more crispy they will be.
4. Place the Kerrygold butter in a pan and allow it to melt.
5. Now place the chickpeas in a bowl and add the butter and toss the chickpeas in the butter. Place the chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and put in the oven at 200°C top/bottom heat for 25-30 minutes.
6. Take out, return to the bowl and season with paprika powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Swirl and place back on the baking sheet and bake for another 10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, remove the seeds from the pomegranate and mix in the oriental salsa.
8. Peel and finely grate the ginger, peel and finely chop the garlic. Put all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
9. To finish, cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthways and slightly score the flesh with a knife. Place some dressing on top, top with roasted chickpeas, garnish with some more dressing, salsa and fresh herbs to serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Heart Burger with Rocket and Paprika Chutney
For the Chutney Peel and finely dice the onion and peppers. Heat some...
Bread & Butter Pudding
Bread and butter. Frugal but fancy. Makes you wonder why the best course is last...
Recipe by Landi Govender (@thetockablog) For the Doughnuts W...
Grilled Pineapple with Chocolate Chilli Sauce and Minty Crème Fraiche
By Rozanne Stevens A simple recipe, yet qu...
Kerrygold Basic Breakfast Sticky Buns
The possibilities for variations are endless, but the one constant is a great st...
Trout Burger with Spicy Lemon Butter Sauce
Recipe by: Vanessa Vermaak (@my_homemade_kitchen_za)...