Recently, I discovered how to make mashed potatoes in the crock pot, it is such a simple process! No boiling the potatoes, no draining, and way less dishes to clean. In fact, once you make mashed potatoes in the crock pot, I don’t think you’ll be going back to the other way. Kerrygold salted butter is perfect for mashed potatoes, and I really think the slow cook in butter makes these so tender. - Christina Lane, Dessert For Two
- First, make sure the potatoes are the size of golf balls or smaller. You may have to chop some of the larger ones up. Try to ensure all the pieces are of equal size.
- Next, in the bottom of a 5-quart minimum slow cooker, add the potatoes, garlic cloves, and chicken broth. Stir very well.
- Dice half of the butter, and scatter it across the top.
- Replace the lid on the slow cooker, and turn to HIGH. Cook for 3-4 hours.
- When the potatoes are done (easily pierced with a knife), turn off the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the butter and warm milk, and mash with a potato masher or hand mixer.
- Once the potatoes are as lumpy (or lump-free) as you like, add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve in a bowl garnished with fresh chives.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Recipe by: Thabitha Makwakwa (@thabitha_chef) 1. Sift all dr...
Gnocchi and Cheese Casserole
1. Peel the onion and garlic and dice both finely. Heat up the butter in a sauce...
Stuffed Onion Chicken Breast with Herb Butter Onion Chutney
Peel the onions and cut them into fine strips. Chop the garlic finely. Melt...
Tagliatelle with Fried Salmon and Lemon Dill Sauce
Cook the ribbon noodles according to the instructions on the packaging....
Kerrygold Mince Pies
These can be packed in cellophane bags and tied with ribbons to be given as a ni...