Recently, I discovered how to make mashed potatoes in the crock pot, it is such a simple process! No boiling the potatoes, no draining, and way less dishes to clean. In fact, once you make mashed potatoes in the crock pot, I don’t think you’ll be going back to the other way. Kerrygold salted butter is perfect for mashed potatoes, and I really think the slow cook in butter makes these so tender. - Christina Lane, Dessert For Two
- First, make sure the potatoes are the size of golf balls or smaller. You may have to chop some of the larger ones up. Try to ensure all the pieces are of equal size.
- Next, in the bottom of a 5-quart minimum slow cooker, add the potatoes, garlic cloves, and chicken broth. Stir very well.
- Dice half of the butter, and scatter it across the top.
- Replace the lid on the slow cooker, and turn to HIGH. Cook for 3-4 hours.
- When the potatoes are done (easily pierced with a knife), turn off the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the butter and warm milk, and mash with a potato masher or hand mixer.
- Once the potatoes are as lumpy (or lump-free) as you like, add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve in a bowl garnished with fresh chives.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Crab Tian with brown soda bread & cherry tomatoes
A seafood starter that sets the tone at dinner parties. Find the freshest white...
Mini Chocolate Christmas Puddings
Recipe by Donal Skehan A brilliant alternative t...
Smoked Bacon and Pecan Brussel Sprouts with Shallot Butter
This is a great way to ensure that your Brussel sprouts end up perfectly cooked....
Chocolate Biscuit Cake Christmas Cracker
Perfect for a delicious edible Christmas gift this Christmas! Place...
Mac & Cheese
Easy to make, classic comfort food. For those hungry for more, flavoured version...
This recipe makes special little fairy cakes, ideal for parties or visiting chil...