Recently, I discovered how to make mashed potatoes in the crock pot, it is such a simple process! No boiling the potatoes, no draining, and way less dishes to clean. In fact, once you make mashed potatoes in the crock pot, I don’t think you’ll be going back to the other way. Kerrygold salted butter is perfect for mashed potatoes, and I really think the slow cook in butter makes these so tender. - Christina Lane, Dessert For Two
- First, make sure the potatoes are the size of golf balls or smaller. You may have to chop some of the larger ones up. Try to ensure all the pieces are of equal size.
- Next, in the bottom of a 5-quart minimum slow cooker, add the potatoes, garlic cloves, and chicken broth. Stir very well.
- Dice half of the butter, and scatter it across the top.
- Replace the lid on the slow cooker, and turn to HIGH. Cook for 3-4 hours.
- When the potatoes are done (easily pierced with a knife), turn off the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the butter and warm milk, and mash with a potato masher or hand mixer.
- Once the potatoes are as lumpy (or lump-free) as you like, add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve in a bowl garnished with fresh chives.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
This recipe uses a classic cheese sauce, which is the basis for so many dishes t...
Ploughman’s Cheese Platter with Fig Chutney
For any cheese lover, this is the perfect lunch or snack. It is very transportab...
Simply delicious and creative. The perfect treat for your family this Halloween...
Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas mark 6. Heat the olive oil...
Roasted Carrots in a Bag with Herby Butter
A brilliant way to serve carrots on Christmas Day for large numbers as they need...