Recently, I discovered how to make mashed potatoes in the crock pot, it is such a simple process! No boiling the potatoes, no draining, and way less dishes to clean. In fact, once you make mashed potatoes in the crock pot, I don’t think you’ll be going back to the other way. Kerrygold salted butter is perfect for mashed potatoes, and I really think the slow cook in butter makes these so tender. - Christina Lane, Dessert For Two
- First, make sure the potatoes are the size of golf balls or smaller. You may have to chop some of the larger ones up. Try to ensure all the pieces are of equal size.
- Next, in the bottom of a 5-quart minimum slow cooker, add the potatoes, garlic cloves, and chicken broth. Stir very well.
- Dice half of the butter, and scatter it across the top.
- Replace the lid on the slow cooker, and turn to HIGH. Cook for 3-4 hours.
- When the potatoes are done (easily pierced with a knife), turn off the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the butter and warm milk, and mash with a potato masher or hand mixer.
- Once the potatoes are as lumpy (or lump-free) as you like, add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve in a bowl garnished with fresh chives.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Rhubarb & Strawberry Sponge Pudding
Dessert doesn’t need justification but if anyone asks, this recipe has two of...
CHEESY POTATO SOUP
Place potatoes and onion in a large Dutch oven and add enough chicke...
Minty Mushey Peas
Mushy peas are traditionally served with fish and chips but their appeal has spr...
Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon Caper Sauce
Don’t make reservations! Eat your special meal at home with these elegant Pan...
Cajun Potato Wedges
Perfect for a party or barbecue, this spicy appetizer will keep peckish guests h...
Slow Roasted Lamb Shank in Garlic Herb Butter, Cider and Orange
Recipe by John Burger of FLAVA Restaurant Preheat...