For the Choux Pastry
- 300ml water
- 125g butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 large eggs
For the Filling
- 240ml whipping cream
- 115g natural peanut butter
- 40g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g raspberry jam, substitute with coulis
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 300g chocolate, chopped
- 240ml cream
For the Assembly
For the Peanut Butter Mousse1. Beat the cream, icing sugar, and vanilla extract until it forms stiff peaks. Gently fold in the peanut butter until no streaks remain.
2. Transfer the mousse to a piping bag and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the Choux Pastry3. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Spray the baking tray with non-stick spray, then dust lightly with flour.
4. Place water and butter in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add cake flour and stir until smooth paste forms, then cook for a further 20-30 seconds.
5. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool (enough to handle with your hands)
6. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking well to fully incorporate before adding the next egg.
7. Place in a piping bag using a large star nozzle. Pipe 10cm lengths of pastry onto the baking tray, leaving 5cm gaps between each. Bake for 30 minutes or until puffed three times the original size.
8. Remove from the oven, pierce the bottom of each eclair with a toothpick to let out steam, and bake for another 10 minutes. Allow them to cool completely.
For the Ganache9. Place chopped chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl. Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until it begins to gently simmer. Do not allow a rapid boil. Pour over the chocolate, then allow it to sit for 2-3 minutes to gently soften the chocolate.
10. Very slowly stir until completely combined and the chocolate has melted. The finer you chop the chocolate, the quicker it will melt with the cream.
For the Assembly11. Split open the pastries and pipe mousse into bottom halves, drizzle with raspberry jam or coulis. Dip the tops in chocolate ganache and place on top of filling. Add sprinkles and enjoy!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Cheesecake with Cranberries
Grease a round springform. Sift the flour into a bowl and make a hollow in the c...
Carrot Cake with Orange Blossom Frosting
Preheat the oven to 180°C and oil and line a 13 x 23cm loaf tin wit...
Christmas Brownies with Cranberries and Mixed Spice
Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 30x20cm baking tin with...
Champ and Colcannon
The humble spud. What a versatile vegetable. This recipe is an old friend that s...
Kerrygold Pancake Cereal
1. Start by putting the flour, baking powder, sugar and a pinch of salt in a bow...