For the Thumbprint Cookies
- 80g Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
- 250g sugar
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 350g cake flour
- 10ml baking powder
For the Milk Tart Filling
- 30ml Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
- 450ml milk
- 60ml sugar
- 30ml cake flour
- 60ml corn flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs, large
- 5ml vanilla essence
- Ground cinnamon to taste
For the Thumbprint Cookies1. Cream the Kerrygold butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until light. Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix together until a dough forms.
2. Working with lightly floured hands roll teaspoons of the dough, approximately 25g, into balls and place, well-spaced, on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Press down in the centre of each ball with your finger to make a well, for the filling to go in.
3. Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes, keeping an eye on them so they don't burn. Remove from the oven and press down again in the centre to keep the wellshape. Allow to cool.
For the Milk Tart Filling4. Pour three-quarters of the milk into a pot together with the sugar and Kerrygold butter and bring to a boil.
5. Beat the egg whites until thick and set aside.
6. Mix the flour, cornflour, salt and egg yolks together with the remaining milk, sieve into the hot milk and stir constantly over medium heat until thick. Whisk in the beaten egg whites and vanilla essence until combined.
7. Remove from heat, and spoon into the thumbprint cookies then lightly sprinkle with cinnamon.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Mediterranean Burger with Grilled Vegetables
For the Burger Buns 1. Put the flour and salt in a bo...
Cheddar Quesadillas with Flank Steak and Chimichurri
It is best to prepare the chimichurri one to two days in advance. To do this, ch...
Brioche Burger with Spinach and Pear
1. Melt the butter in batches in the pan then toast the rolls in it one after th...
Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
This rich and decadent cheesecake makes for an indulgent ending to a special mea...
Kerrygold Vintage Cheddar Boxty
Recipe by: Natasha Marais (@dinewithtasha) 1. Peel and dice...
Kerrygold Silly Sandwiches
1. For one face, cut the cucumber into slices. Now wash, clean and slice the bel...