- 300g cake flour
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- 150g Kerrygold Original Irish Butter. cold
- 100g Kerrygold Mature Cheddar, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 free-range egg
For the Filling
- 6 apples, sliced and halved
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
2. Add half the grated cheese and 2 tablespoons of ice-cold water and begin to work the dough. Once the dough has come together, form it into a rectangle, wrap it in plastic, and place it in the fridge for one hour.
3. On a lightly floured piece of baking paper, roll the dough into a large rectangle about 1.5cm thick. Brush the pastry with a beaten egg. Make the filling by simply mixing all the ingredients together and then spread the apple slices out in lines on the dough, leaving roughly 3cm empty dough around the edges.
4. Fold the edges in over the apples and brush with more beaten egg and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and the apples are cooked.
5. Slice and serve with a scoop of ice cream.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Sizzling Prawns with Chilli & Garlic
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan with 15g of the butter. Once the bu...
Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Cake 1. Preheat the oven to 180°C top/bottom heat. Line a 24c...
Dill Caper Compound Butter for Fish
This is a fantastic little treasure to have in the fridge to brighten up vegetab...
Mac & Cheese
Easy to make, classic comfort food. For those hungry for more, flavoured version...
Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Today, try out something new and brown your Kerrygold butter before using it. Th...