- 2 tbsp Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 c veggie broth
- 1/4 c white wine
- 2 oz (57g) shredded Kerrygold Cheddar
- 14-15 oz (396-425g) pie dough
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with 1 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 205ºC. Coat a 12 cavity muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions, apples, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until very soft, about 20 minutes. Add a few turns of pepper, the paprika, and cayenne and cook 1 more minute, until fragrant, and then stir in the flour. Add the broth and white wine and cook until thickened and then add the cheese, stirring until melted. Taste and add salt as needed. Remove from heat and let cool while you shape the dough.
- Roll out the dough to 1/4” (0.6cm) thickness. Cut out nine 4” (10cm) circles and nine 2 1/2” (6cm) circles, re-rolling scraps when needed. Press the 10cm circles into the muffin tins. Spoon the onion mixture into the tins and top with the 6cm circles. Fold the edges over and pinch to seal them. Use a fork to poke holes in the tops. Brush with a thin even layer of egg wash and bake until golden brown. Begin checking for doneness at 25 minutes. Let cool in the pans on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove to the rack and serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
There’s no doubt that making an authentic Bolognese sauce can take a bit of...
Spinach & Feta Pie
This is a great vegetarian option that should suit all of the family. Traditiona...
Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based frying pan and add the hak...
Field mushroom soup with crunchy garlic croutons
Autumn beckons with this earthy wholesome soup. Forage for wild field mushrooms...
CHEESY POTATO SOUP
Place potatoes and onion in a large Dutch oven and add enough chicke...
Roasted Carrots in a Bag with Herby Butter
A brilliant way to serve carrots on Christmas Day for large numbers as they need...