Sides & Nibbles
Apple, Onion and Cheddar Mini Pies
Serves Makes 9
- 2 tbsp Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 c veggie broth
- 1/4 c white wine
- 2 oz (57g) shredded Kerrygold Cheddar
- 14-15 oz (396-425g) pie dough
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with 1 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 205ºC. Coat a 12 cavity muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions, apples, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until very soft, about 20 minutes. Add a few turns of pepper, the paprika, and cayenne and cook 1 more minute, until fragrant, and then stir in the flour. Add the broth and white wine and cook until thickened and then add the cheese, stirring until melted. Taste and add salt as needed. Remove from heat and let cool while you shape the dough.
- Roll out the dough to 1/4” (0.6cm) thickness. Cut out nine 4” (10cm) circles and nine 2 1/2” (6cm) circles, re-rolling scraps when needed. Press the 10cm circles into the muffin tins. Spoon the onion mixture into the tins and top with the 6cm circles. Fold the edges over and pinch to seal them. Use a fork to poke holes in the tops. Brush with a thin even layer of egg wash and bake until golden brown. Begin checking for doneness at 25 minutes. Let cool in the pans on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove to the rack and serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chocolate Brownie Hearts with a Peanut Butter Mousse Filling
For the Brownies Cut the butter into small cubes and tip into a bowl....
Summer Potato Salad with Peas & Radishes
Recipe by Clodagh McKenna Place the potatoes in a...
Persian Love Cake
Recipe by Landi Govender (@thetockablog) Preheat the oven to...
This recipe makes perfectly crisp gingerbread house that will have everyone gasp...
Braised Red Cabbage
Tantalize your tastebuds with this stunning side dish. It looks divine and it ta...
Recipe adapted from Garnish with Lemon Looking f...
Chicken Pot Pie
Discover the ultimate comfort food hidden underneath a flaky buttery rough puff...