- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Slowly add the eggs one at a time and beat.
- Mix in the lemon juice and add the lemon zest. The mixture will look curdled, but it will smooth out as it cooks.
- In a medium, heavy-based saucepan, cook the mixture over low heat until it looks smooth. The curdled appearance disappears as the butter in the mixture melts.
- Increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens, about 10 to 15 minutes. It should coat the back of a spoon and leave a path when you draw your finger through it. Don't let the mixture boil.
- Remove the curd from the heat and transfer the curd to a bowl. Press plastic wrap on the surface of the lemon curd to keep a skin from forming and chill the curd in the refrigerator. The curd will thicken further as it cools. Covered tightly, it will keep in the refrigerator for a week and in the freezer for 2 months.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Kerrygold Chorizo Burger Recipe
1. Prepare the grill for approximately 200°C direct and indirect heat....
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
This is a great recipe, which gives a delicious chewy American-style cookie oozi...
Peach Berry Crumble
The fresh fruits of summer do the heavy lifting in this easy Peach Berry Crumble...
Milk Tart Thumbprint Cookies
Recipe by: @ate.kitchen For the Thumbprint Cookies...
Mediterranean Burger with Grilled Vegetables
For the Burger Buns 1. Put the flour and salt in a bo...