- 1 tbsp Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g risotto
- 10g sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup chardonnay
- 1.5 litre vegetable stock
- 150g Kerrygold Vintage Cheddar
- 125ml cream
1. Bring the stock to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and keep warm.
2. In a large skillet, heat the butter together with the olive oil over medium heat. Fry the onion until soft, then add the garlic and fry for another minute.
3. Add the risotto and sage and allow that to fry for a minute or two before adding the Chardonnay. Once the wine has been absorbed, start adding the stock. Add one ladleful at a time, allowing it to absorb before adding the next.
4. Keep stirring and adding stock until all stock has been used. This should take at least 30 minutes. If when your stock is finished and you are still not happy with the texture of your risotto, just keep adding a little water at a time until the risotto is done to your liking.
5. Once the risotto is cooked, grate the Kerrygold Vintage Cheddar into the mixture and allow it to melt.
6. Remove from heat and stir through the cream. Serve with extra cheese, fresh sage leaves and a glass of Chardonnay. Enjoy!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
This rich and decadent cheesecake makes for an indulgent ending to a special mea...
Millionaire Chocolate Squares
Caramel, chocolate and shortbread. The holy trinity of baking. Great shortbread...
Salted Caramel Sauce
To make the caramel sauce, place the butter, sugar, and golden syrup into a sauc...
Cheat Chocolate Fudge
Line a 7 inch tin or Tupperware with cling film. Set aside....
Lightly cream the Kerrygold butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla ess...
A simple but effective baking idea this Halloween, get creative for the perfect...