- 1 tbsp Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g risotto
- 10g sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup chardonnay
- 1.5 litre vegetable stock
- 150g Kerrygold Vintage Cheddar
- 125ml cream
1. Bring the stock to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and keep warm.
2. In a large skillet, heat the butter together with the olive oil over medium heat. Fry the onion until soft, then add the garlic and fry for another minute.
3. Add the risotto and sage and allow that to fry for a minute or two before adding the Chardonnay. Once the wine has been absorbed, start adding the stock. Add one ladleful at a time, allowing it to absorb before adding the next.
4. Keep stirring and adding stock until all stock has been used. This should take at least 30 minutes. If when your stock is finished and you are still not happy with the texture of your risotto, just keep adding a little water at a time until the risotto is done to your liking.
5. Once the risotto is cooked, grate the Kerrygold Vintage Cheddar into the mixture and allow it to melt.
6. Remove from heat and stir through the cream. Serve with extra cheese, fresh sage leaves and a glass of Chardonnay. Enjoy!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Mac & Cheese
Easy to make, classic comfort food. For those hungry for more, flavoured version...
Dill Caper Compound Butter for Fish
This is a fantastic little treasure to have in the fridge to brighten up vegetab...
Mini Lemon Curd Cheesecakes
A perfect make-ahead dessert, prepare it in advance and pop it in the fridge....
Cheese Sauce Made With Kerrygold Cheddar Cheese
Method: Combine 1/4 cup milk and flour in a saucepan, stir with a...
Kerrygold Vetkoek with Curried Mince
Recipe by: Lorraine Maharaj (@tamarindnthyme) For the...