- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- ½ cup pesto sauce
- 120g grated Kerrygold® Mild Cheddar
- 4 - 5 small heirloom tomatoes, sliced and seeded
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 205 degrees celsius.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes and seed them. Place the seeded slices on 2 layers of paper towels and let tomatoes drain while you are preparing the crust. Gently press a layer of paper towels on top to absorb juices. Flip tomatoes and repeat. Be sure to drain the tomatoes well, otherwise your tart will be soggy.
- Roll the puff pastry dough into a 30 x 30cm square and trim edges to fit into a 10-inch tart pan.
- Place dough in tart pan and score with a fork all round dough before baking to keep crust even. Blind bake the crust in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Top cooled crust with pesto and spread evenly to cover crust. Place grated mild cheddar on top to cover the pesto. Place tomatoes on top of cheese in concentric circles and bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Caesar Style Bread Salad
Chop the anchovies together with the garlic clove to a fine paste. Put this...
Why not give your mornings a boost and try Bulletproof Coffee laced with Kerr...
This is a really tasty way of serving fish and one that all of the family is sur...
Barbecue Potato Kebabs with Harissa Herb Butter Dip
Soak the wooden skewers in cold water for about 30 minutes. If ne...
Black-Based Pizza with BBQ Chicken, Mushrooms & Red Onion
This pizza dough is adapted from a Napolitana style dough that rests overnig...
Slow Roasted Lamb Shank in Garlic Herb Butter, Cider and Orange
Recipe by John Burger of FLAVA Restaurant Preheat...