- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- ½ cup pesto sauce
- 120g grated Kerrygold® Mild Cheddar
- 4 - 5 small heirloom tomatoes, sliced and seeded
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 205 degrees celsius.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes and seed them. Place the seeded slices on 2 layers of paper towels and let tomatoes drain while you are preparing the crust. Gently press a layer of paper towels on top to absorb juices. Flip tomatoes and repeat. Be sure to drain the tomatoes well, otherwise your tart will be soggy.
- Roll the puff pastry dough into a 30 x 30cm square and trim edges to fit into a 10-inch tart pan.
- Place dough in tart pan and score with a fork all round dough before baking to keep crust even. Blind bake the crust in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Top cooled crust with pesto and spread evenly to cover crust. Place grated mild cheddar on top to cover the pesto. Place tomatoes on top of cheese in concentric circles and bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Mediterranean Burger with Grilled Vegetables
For the Burger Buns 1. Put the flour and salt in a bo...
Braised Red Cabbage
The easiest way to cut the red cabbage and onions is on a Japanese mandolin but...
Irish Cream French Toast
1. Preheat a large skillet over medium heat, and add the butter. Let it melt the...
Asparagus Tarte Flambee with Cheddar
1. Prepare the Dough Crumble the yeast and dissolve i...
Kerrygold Veggie Burger
For the Burger Patties 1. Put the beans in a colander and rinse with c...
Persian Chicken Kebabs
The best flat bread to serve this with is lavash, which is readily available fro...