- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- ½ cup pesto sauce
- 120g grated Kerrygold® Mild Cheddar
- 4 - 5 small heirloom tomatoes, sliced and seeded
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 205 degrees celsius.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes and seed them. Place the seeded slices on 2 layers of paper towels and let tomatoes drain while you are preparing the crust. Gently press a layer of paper towels on top to absorb juices. Flip tomatoes and repeat. Be sure to drain the tomatoes well, otherwise your tart will be soggy.
- Roll the puff pastry dough into a 30 x 30cm square and trim edges to fit into a 10-inch tart pan.
- Place dough in tart pan and score with a fork all round dough before baking to keep crust even. Blind bake the crust in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Top cooled crust with pesto and spread evenly to cover crust. Place grated mild cheddar on top to cover the pesto. Place tomatoes on top of cheese in concentric circles and bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Brown Sugar Buttermilk Cream Tart
To prepare the crust: Whisk together the brown sugar,...
Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Today, try out something new and brown your Kerrygold butter before using it. Th...
Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream
Vanilla Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celci...
Griddled asparagus with lemon butter sauce
Asparagus are the baby shoots of a cultivated lily plant. A delicacy with an int...
Cranberry Cheddar Cheese Balls
Place the cream cheese and cheddar cheese in the bowl of a food proc...
Chocolate Browned Butter Cupcakes
Recipe adapted from Sally McKenney...