- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- ½ cup pesto sauce
- 120g grated Kerrygold® Mild Cheddar
- 4 - 5 small heirloom tomatoes, sliced and seeded
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 205 degrees celsius.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes and seed them. Place the seeded slices on 2 layers of paper towels and let tomatoes drain while you are preparing the crust. Gently press a layer of paper towels on top to absorb juices. Flip tomatoes and repeat. Be sure to drain the tomatoes well, otherwise your tart will be soggy.
- Roll the puff pastry dough into a 30 x 30cm square and trim edges to fit into a 10-inch tart pan.
- Place dough in tart pan and score with a fork all round dough before baking to keep crust even. Blind bake the crust in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Top cooled crust with pesto and spread evenly to cover crust. Place grated mild cheddar on top to cover the pesto. Place tomatoes on top of cheese in concentric circles and bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Heart Tart with Raspberry Cream
For the Dough Mix the flour together with the egg, butter and vanilla...
Champ and Colcannon
The humble spud. What a versatile vegetable. This recipe is an old friend that s...
Easter Egg Brownies
Recipe by Zorah Booley (@inthemidnightkitchen) 1. Preheat yo...
This recipe has certainly stood the test of time and is ideal if you’ve got a...
Pressed Flower Shortbread Cookies
These delicate cookies make for a beautiful edible gift. They have a rich and bu...
This ultimate sprinkles birthday cake with buttercream frosting is simply a drea...