- ½ cup (125 g) mayonnaise
- ½ cup (125 g) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Adobo sauce from tin of chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce (or 1 tablespoon chili powder)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (250 g) shredded white cabbage
- 2 cups (500 g) kale (stems removed), finely chopped
- 1 small green chili pepper, finely chopped
- A big handful of fresh cilantro, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 lb (450 g) hot-smoked salmon (or your favorite hot-smoked fish)
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup (250g) farmhouse queso fresco (see recipe below)
- limes, cut in wedges, for garnish
This recipe was created by our friend, Imen McDonnell (farmette.ie) and is taken from her book The Farmette Cookbook:
"Every Tuesday night, the farm kitchen is transformed into a taqueria. Whether we use our own chicken, whatever is fresh and fun at the fishmonger, or a fresh cut from the local butcher, a little Mexicana on the schedule saves us a three-hour drive to the nearest margarita and mole. Our favorite standby is Hot-Smoked Burren Salmon Tacos. Combining smoky chipotle with garden-fresh kale and cabbage verde, these fish tacos pack a rich and flavorful yet balanced punch, not to mention plenty of omega-3s and antioxidants."
- Make the crema: Mix the mayonnaise and sour cream together in a large bowl.
- Add the adobo sauce, cumin, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the verde: In a food processor, pulse the cabbage, kale, chili pepper, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, and salt to taste until coarsely chopped.
- Assemble the tacos: Flake the hot-smoked salmon into each tortilla, and top with a spoonful each of crema and verde. 2-3 tablespoons of queso fresco.
- Serve with lime wedges and cilantro.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chicken and Ham Pot Pie
Recipe by Rozanne Stevens Nothing is quite...
Stuffed Onion Rings
Step 1: Peel garlic and chop finely. Mix the...
Grilled Salmon with Lemon & Herb Butter Sauce
For the Sauce Melt the Kerrygold Garlic & Herb butter in a pan...