For the Minced Meat Filling
- 2 tbsp Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
- 500g ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1-2 chilli peppers
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 125ml beer or broth
- 1 bottle pureed tomatoes (700g)
- 1 can kidney beans (425g)
- 1 can vegetable corn (425g)
- Salt & Pepper
- 6-8 tortilla wraps
- 250g Kerrygold Mature Cheddar
- Chilli peppers and herbs
2. Heat the butter in a large saucepan and fry the minced meat in it. As soon as the minced meat is crumbly, add the onion, chilli and garlic saute for 3-5 minutes.
3. Now add the paprika powder and cumin and stir in. Stir in the tomato paste and fry briefly, then deglaze with beer (or both). Bring to the boil, then add the tomatoes. Salt and simmer for a few minutes.
4. Drain the beans and corn and add to the sauce. Allow to simmer for 25-30 minutes. Keep covered for the first 15 minutes, then remove the lid to thicken the sauce.
5. Season with salt and pepper and allow to cool down.
6. Preheat the oven to 200°C top/bottom heat.
7. Fill the tortillas with the sauce. To do this, put a tortilla in front of you, spread plenty of sauce in the middle and fold over the sides.
8. Then place the enchiladas in a baking dish, spread the grated cheddar on top and bake on the middle rack for 15-20 minutes until the cheese has melted.
9. Garnish with fresh herbs and chilli and serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Bread and Butter Pudding with Ginger, Cinnamon and Dark Chocolate
Recipe by John Burger Preheat the oven to 180°C...
The sublime supper favourite, homemade apple tart evokes childhood memories of g...
Queen Victoria Mini Cakes
Preheat the oven (160 for dark pans and 180 for light pans). In a large bowl or...
Sizzling Prawns with Chilli & Garlic
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan with 15g of the butter. Once the bu...
Lamb Fillet on Carrot Pasta
Preheat the oven to 120°C. Rinse the lamb fillets, pat dry and remov...