2. Add the tomatoes and their juice into the saucepan. Finely mash them with a potato masher and simmer for about 15 minutes with the lid closed.
3. Boil water in a large saucepan, add plenty of salt and then heat the gnocchi in it according to the packaging instructions. Drain once cooked.
4. Preheat the oven to 200°C top/bottom heat. Season the tomato sauce with salt, pepper and oregano.
5. Put half the sauce in a baking dish and place the gnocchi on top. Spread the remaining sauce over the gnocchi and sprinkle the grated cheddar on top.
6. Place the casserole dish on the middle rack in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the cheese has melted.
7. In the meantime, pluck the basil leaves off and puree them in a food processor with a little salt, pepper and olive oil.
8. Garnish the finished casserole with the basil oil and fresh basil to serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Chocolate & Blueberry Cake
Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins....
Irish Oat Flapjacks
What a delectable culinary comfort. Delicious hot or cold, you can whip up these...
Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Dip
Place the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl and mix until lig...
Lightly cream the Kerrygold butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla ess...
CHEESY POTATO SOUP
Place potatoes and onion in a large Dutch oven and add enough chicke...
Roasted Buttery Parmesan Parsnips
Try to find nice small firm parsnips that will have a wonderful almost nutty fla...