2. Add the tomatoes and their juice into the saucepan. Finely mash them with a potato masher and simmer for about 15 minutes with the lid closed.
3. Boil water in a large saucepan, add plenty of salt and then heat the gnocchi in it according to the packaging instructions. Drain once cooked.
4. Preheat the oven to 200°C top/bottom heat. Season the tomato sauce with salt, pepper and oregano.
5. Put half the sauce in a baking dish and place the gnocchi on top. Spread the remaining sauce over the gnocchi and sprinkle the grated cheddar on top.
6. Place the casserole dish on the middle rack in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the cheese has melted.
7. In the meantime, pluck the basil leaves off and puree them in a food processor with a little salt, pepper and olive oil.
8. Garnish the finished casserole with the basil oil and fresh basil to serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based frying pan and add the hak...
Ratatouille Pesto Pasta Bake
Wholewheat pasta is a very easy, healthy swap to make for regular pasta. Wholewh...
Chicken Pasta Soup and Cheesy Breadsticks
Chicken Pasta Soup Heat butter and brown pieces of chicken carcass...
Brandy Snap Cannolis with Vanilla Buttercream
For the Brandy Snaps: 1. In a pot set over medium heat combine the but...
Chicken Cordon Bleu with Cheesy, Buttery Mash and a Lime Beurre Blanc Sauce
Recipe by: Imtiyaaz Hart (@imtiyaazhart) For the Beurre Blanc...