Korean Fried Chicken Sandwich with a Cheese Sauce Dip
- Step 1:
- 800g-1kg deboned chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- 125ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp salt
- Step 2:
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
Gochujang Hot Sauce:
- 100g Gochujang
- ½ cup / 125g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 ½ Tbsp vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 60ml honey
- ½ cup water
- 4 Tbsp Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 500ml milk
- 1 ½ cup grated Kerrygold Mature Cheddar
- 2 tsp Dijon or German mustard
- French loaf, cut in half
- Tomato, sliced
- Red onion, sliced
Recipe by J'Something
- In a large bowl or tray cover the chicken in the buttermilk and season with salt. Season well, because the salt at this stage impacts the flavour of the chicken when you serve it. Set aside. Let the chicken marinate over night if you have the time.
- Combine the flour, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder & salt, this mixture is used to coat the chicken when we fry it.
- To prepare the hot sauce, combine the Gocujang, Kerrygold butter, vinegar, salt, honey & water in a pot and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes on a low temperature.
- To prepare the cheese sauce, melt the butter in a pot, add the flour and stir for 5 minutes to cook the flour then add the milk and combine with a whisk to avoid any lumps. Add the grated cheese & mustard. If your sauce gets too thick- add a splash of milk to thin it out.
- To serve, remove the chicken from the buttermilk that it has been marinating in overnight, dip it into the flour mixture and coat it evenly so that the entire surface of the chicken is coated with the flour mixture, deep fry on a medium temperature until the chicken is golden brown and crispy on the outside, succulent & tender on the inside. Place the cooked chicken on paper towel to absorb the excess oil. Dip the fried chicken into the Gochujang hot sauce.
- Make a sandwich, arrange the fried chicken, lettuce, tomato and red onion on the French loaf with the Gochujang hot sauce and dip the sandwich into the cheese sauce just before you take a bite!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Kerrygold Curried Samp with Boerewors
Recipe by: Lorraine Maharaj (@tamarindnthyme) 1. So...
Serves 3-4 people
Queen Victoria Mini Cakes
1. Preheat the oven (160 for dark pans and 180 for light pans). 2. In...
Mediterranean Burger with Grilled Vegetables
For the Burger Buns 1. Put the flour and salt in a bo...
Serves 4 burgers
Stuffed Pumpkin with Seeds, Berries and Nuts
1. Carefully cut any bumps off the bottom to straighten the bottom of the pu...
Snoek Basted with Butter, Orange and Apricot Jam
Recipe by @drizzleanddip B...
Serves 1 small – medium snoek (serves 6 – 10 depending on size)
Gingerbread with Glaze
For the Gingerbread Put the butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan and...
Milk Tart Thumbprint Cookies
Recipe by: @ate.kitchen For the Thumbprint Cookies...