- 1 large pineapple, peeled and cut into long chunks
- For grilling, 4 tbsp melted Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
Chocolate Chilli Sauce:
- 1 tbsp Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 300g dark 75% cocoa chocolate, broken into pieces
- 250ml cream
Minty Crème Fraiche:
- 1 tub Crème Fraiche
- 2tbs finely chopped mint
- Mix together the crème fraiche and mint, set aside.
- In a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water, melt all the butter. Spoon out four tablespoons and reserve for grilling.
- Add the finely chopped chilli to the bowl and cook in the butter for three minutes until soft. Add the dark chocolate to the bowl and melt gently, do not allow the water to start boiling. Once it starts melting, pour in the cream and heat on a medium heat, stirring regularly. You should end up with a smooth, glossy sauce. Keep warm over a low heat.
- Coat the pineapple lightly in melted butter and grill on a pan or BBQ until golden on all sides.
- Serve the pineapple with the warm chocolate chilli sauce and minty crème fraiche.
A simple recipe, yet quite an unusual combination of flavours. Grilling the pineapple brings out its natural sweetness. While adding a little chilli to the chocolate adds a pleasant warmth. The sour fresh combination of the minty crème fraiche is the perfect accompaniment to the spicy rich sauce and caramelised pineapple. A favourite BBQ recipe of mine, but one that can be used at any time of year.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Kerrygold Garlic, Butter & Mushroom Risotto
Recipe by: Imtiyaaz Hart (@imtiyaazhart) 1...
Gnocchi and Cheese Casserole
1. Peel the onion and garlic and dice both finely. Heat up the butter in a sauce...
Pavlova with Raspberries
Preheat the oven to 160°C/Gas Mark 3 and line a baking tray...
Pumpkin Fritters with Salted Caramel Sauce
For the Fritters Combine all the ingredients and mix until you have a...
This recipe uses a classic cheese sauce, which is the basis for so many dishes t...