Grilled Pineapple with Chocolate Chilli Sauce and Minty Crème Fraiche
- 1 large pineapple, peeled and cut into long chunks
- For grilling, 4 tbsp melted Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
Chocolate Chilli Sauce:
- 1 tbsp Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 300g dark 75% cocoa chocolate, broken into pieces
- 250ml cream
Minty Crème Fraiche:
- 1 tub Crème Fraiche
- 2tbs finely chopped mint
By Rozanne Stevens
- Mix together the crème fraiche and mint, set aside.
- In a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water, melt all the butter. Spoon out four tablespoons and reserve for grilling.
- Add the finely chopped chilli to the bowl and cook in the butter for three minutes until soft. Add the dark chocolate to the bowl and melt gently, do not allow the water to start boiling. Once it starts melting, pour in the cream and heat on a medium heat, stirring regularly. You should end up with a smooth, glossy sauce. Keep warm over a low heat.
- Coat the pineapple lightly in melted butter and grill on a pan or BBQ until golden on all sides.
- Serve the pineapple with the warm chocolate chilli sauce and minty crème fraiche.
A simple recipe, yet quite an unusual combination of flavours. Grilling the pineapple brings out its natural sweetness. While adding a little chilli to the chocolate adds a pleasant warmth. The sour fresh combination of the minty crème fraiche is the perfect accompaniment to the spicy rich sauce and caramelised pineapple. A favourite BBQ recipe of mine, but one that can be used at any time of year.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
This Rhubab-Crème is perfect for any event! Preparation:...
Baked Lemon & Vanilla Cheesecake
If you are looking for your signature dinner party dessert, the search is over....
Spinach & Mushroom Puff Pastry Parcels
Recipe by: Vanessa Vermaak (@my_homemade_kitchen_za) For...
Kerrygold Cheddar, Bacon, and Green Onion Waffles
There's nothing like a perfectly cooked waffle to start or finish the day off ri...
Brunch Brown Butter Hollandaise
Recipe by JSomething ...
Kerrygold Curried Samp with Boerewors
Recipe by: Lorraine Maharaj (@tamarindnthyme) 1. So...
Serves 3-4 people
A simple but effective baking idea this Halloween, get creative for the perfect...
Serves 20-25 cookies