- 2 burger buns
- Kerrygold Vintage Cheddar
- 1 chorizo sausage
- 280g ground beef
- Coarse sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp creme fraiche
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp dried jalapenos or chilli flakes
- 1 red chilli pepper
- Arugula salad
- 4 medium-sized cherry tomatoes
- Kerrygold Original Irish Butter
2. Season the burger meat with salt and pepper and make patties weighing approximately 140g. Shape the patties using a burger press if needed.
3. Cut the chorizo into pieces approximately 10cm long and halve horizontally.
4. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, creme fraiche, smoked paprika powder, and a little salt and pepper and dried jalapenos or chilli flakes to sharpen and set aside.
5. Cut tomatoes into small cubes and season well with salt and pepper. Cut the chilli pepper into rings.
6. Grill the chorizo on all sides over direct heat and then keep warm indirectly. It only takes a few minutes. Be warned that chorizo is very fatty. In order to avoid dripping fat, turn it several times and change the position on the wire rack several times.
7. First grill the burger patties on one side over direct high heat and turn them after about 2 minutes. Then put slices of the Kerrygold Vintage Cheddar on top and after another 2 minutes move the patties to an indirect heat area on the warming rack, close the lid and allow the meat to simmer to the desired cooking point. The cheese will continue to melt in the process.
8. Cut the burger buns open, brush with a little liquid butter and toast quickly on the grill.
9. To assemble the burger, coat the two roasted burger bun halves with the mayonnaise cream prepared. From bottom to top, first put 1-2 tablespoons of the tomato cubes on top. Then put the burger patties with the Kerrygold Vintage Cheddar slices and the grilled chorizo sausages on top. Now top off with the rocket salad and onion rings. Place the top bun on the burger and enjoy!
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Recently, I discovered how to make mashed pot...
Kerrygold Christmas Cookies
These can be packed in cellophane bags and tied with ribbons to be given as a ni...
Roasted Buttery Parmesan Parsnips
Try to find nice small firm parsnips that will have a wonderful almost nutty fla...
Seafood Chowder Pies
Recipe by Rozanne Stevens I fell in love with seafoo...
Cheesecake with Cranberries
Grease a round springform. Sift the flour into a bowl and make a hollow in the c...
Spinach & Feta Pie
This is a great vegetarian option that should suit all of the family. Traditiona...