- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra for drizzling
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g (14oz) (1 2/3 cups) canned plum tomatoes
- pinch of crushed dried chillies (optional)
- pinch of sugar
- 1 shop-bought pizza or crust (preferably thin and crispy)
- 50g (2oz) stoned black olives, sliced
- 50g (2oz) chorizo, salami or pepperoni slices (optional)
- 100g (4oz) (1 cup) diced Kerrygold Red Cheddar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- mixed salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas mark 6. Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the garlic, tomatoes and chilli, if using. Break up with a wooden spoon or a potato masher. Add the sugar and season to taste. Then cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring regularly until most of the juice has evaporated and the sauce has nicely thickened.
- Place a large flat baking sheet in the oven for 5 minutes until very hot. Meanwhile, spoon the tomato sauce over the pizza base or crust and scatter over the olives and chorizo, salami or pepperoni, if using. Add the cheese in an even layer and drizzle over a little olive oil.
- Remove the hot baking sheet from the oven and slide on the prepared pizza. Put back in the oven and cook for 6-8 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and lightly golden.
- Garnish the pizza Italiana with the basil leaves and cut into wedges, then arrange on warmed plates with the salad to serve.
Want More Ideas?
Follow Kerrygold on Instagram
Roasted Buttery Parmesan Parsnips
Try to find nice small firm parsnips that will have a wonderful almost nutty fla...
Rack of Lamb with Pea & Mint Mash
Lamb and mint are a match made in taste heaven! This recipe for a rack of lamb w...
Pasta with Cheddar, Herb Butter and Roasted Garlic
1. Put the butter in a small saucepan and heat on medium heat. Meanwhile, pe...